10

The next day, I was getting ready to go meet Tyler at the coffee shop for his first day at work. Josh and Mackenzie were going to pick me up an hour after Tyler left.

I quickly threw on some clothes, and grabbed a hoodie since the weather was a bit chillier.

A few minutes later, I heard my phone go off and went to check it, seeing that I got a text from Josh.

Josh: Hey! We're outside

Y/n: Okay, be right out

I quickly ran to my front door and opened it. I closed it behind me, grabbed my keys from the pocket of my hoodie, and locked the door.

I walked down my driveway, slightly observing the other houses in my neighborhood. Specifically Tyler's house. I hadn't been there in a while, and I missed being there everyday. I missed the times when Tyler and I would sit in his room, and he would play me songs on his ukulele.

Tyler was saving for a new apartment, so maybe we could do that again. Maybe in his new room, we could sit with each other and he could play me songs, just like old times. And we could go back over to my apartment, and watch the same Disney movies until midnight. Like old times.

I snapped out of my thoughts, and opened the back door to Josh's car. I stepped in, and moved over to the middle seat.

"Hey," I smiled.

"Hey," Mackenzie smiled turning around to face me.

"How are you?" Josh asked as he began driving.

"The same. Still can't hang out with Tyler," I stated, sighing a bit and slumping back in the seat.

"Like I told Tyler, things will work themselves out," he told me.

"I hope so."

After a few seconds of silence, I spoke up again, changing the topic.

"I was thinking about moving out into an apartment soon," I stated, and Mackenzie turned around again to face me.

"I was too! We should be roommates!" She exclaimed, smiling widely.

"That actually sounds great," I replied.

"Well, then we should plan it," she said with a smile.

"Definitely."

_______________________________

All three of us walked into the coffee shop, and I immediately noticed Tyler standing at the front counter, taking someone's order.

None of us wanted to interrupt, so we just walked to the other end of the counter and stood there.

Tyler turned his head and looked our way, and once he noticed us there,  his eyes instantly seemed brighter. He smiled widely, but quickly turned around to hand the person their drink.

He then walked over to us, and leaned over the counter to give me quick kiss on the lips.

"Hey guys," he greeted with a smile.

"How's the job so far?" Josh asked, and Tyler shrugged.

"Well, I guess it's not so bad. But I don't like working," he said.

"That's why it's called a job," Mackenzie replied sassily, laughing a little to show she was only joking. Tyler rolled his eyes and stuck out his tongue at her, and she mimicked him and did the same back.

"Anyways," Tyler said, changing the subject, "It'll help me pay for an apartment. And hopefully I can manage to get that piano too."