12

•Y/n's POV•

Today was the day I was going to have to tell Tyler that we needed to take a break. Well, technically not tell because I had written a note. I was going to be right in front of him, and I wasn't looking forward to seeing his face at that moment.

I was planning on giving it to him after his show tonight. He and Josh had gained some popularity within our hometown, so they were booked to have a show in a smaller venue.

I didn't want to give it to him before the show because I knew that it would hurt him. I knew that he loved performing and playing shows, so I didn't want to ruin it for him.

He was up on stage, singing and playing his heart out. He had finally gotten enough money for the piano he wanted, so he had it up on stage with him.

Watching him perform brought back a lot of memories from when we were teenagers. I could remember the times that he sang me songs on his ukulele, and him thinking he could never make it this far with music.

A single song is what helped us figure out our feelings for each other in the first place. I remembered him being extremely nervous and awkward about it as he sang to me, but I found it cute, and in that moment, I felt like I wanted to be with him forever. It was a weird feeling to have, especially for your best friend, but I liked it. There was something stronger than just a simple friendship, and it made me feel alive. I still felt like that to this day.

_______________________________

After the show, Tyler and Josh walked off of the stage, heading towards me. I was standing backstage, waiting for Tyler so I could talk to him.

Eventually, he came over to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"How was the show?" He asked me, his arms still around me tightly as he slightly rocked his feet back and forth.

"Amazing," I replied quietly, and I smiled as I placed my chin on his chest to look up at him.

"Are you okay?" Tyler asked, looking down to me. I pulled away from his grip, and slowly took a step back.

"I need to give you something," I told him, and pulled the crumpled notebook paper from my back pocket. My hands were almost shaking as I handed it to him, and I watched as he began reading it.

I could almost see the spirit drain from his brown eyes as they scanned the paper. He mouth was slightly opened, and his eyebrows we're furrowed together. I knew he had finished reading it when he looked up to me, his eyes meeting mine.

"I- I thought you said we wouldn't let anyone tear us apart," he said quietly, his voice shaking as he spoke. He sounded as if he were going to cry, and I could barely get myself to reply to him.

"Tyler," I replied, tears threatening to fall down my face, "it's for the best."

"Us splitting apart is for the best? I love you, I don't want to be apart from you." And now Tyler was crying. His eyes were glossy, and a few tears dropped down his cheek.

"I don't want us to be apart, Tyler. Just not in a a boyfriend- girlfriend kind of way," I tried to explain. "Tyler, I promise you that'll we'll wait for each other until we can set things right. There's nobody else in this entire world that I'd rather be with than you," I said, managing to smile a bit.

That's the thing about Tyler. Thinking about him in general could make you smile, no matter how you felt at the moment. And being in his presence was like an escape from reality, the only thing that mattered was that he was there with you.

"I promise I'll wait for you too then," he said, wrapping his arms around my back and bringing me into a hug. I nuzzled my face into his neck, breathing in his warm familiar scent that always comforted me.

"You and I are forever and always, my love," he stated quietly, and placed a kiss on my forehead.