11

•2 months later•

•Y/n's POV•

Mackenzie and I had finally found an apartment that we could move into.

Over the past two months, we talked to our parents about it and they thought it would be a good idea for us to be roommates together. They helped us find a place, and set up some furniture inside. Then, we went to go bring clothes and other things we needed.

Tyler said that he wanted to help me bring my stuff in, but I told him it probably wasn't a good idea considering my parents were going to be there. I told him he was welcome to come when they go back home, though.

Once we had just finished setting up, both of our parents were about to leave. I had walked them right outside the door, but my mom stepped to the side for a second with my dad by her side.

"Y/n, even though you're out on your own now, we still don't think being with Tyler is a smart idea. We can't tell you what to do since you're 23, but I would think about it," my mom stated calmly, and my dad nodded after she finished speaking. I only hoped she wouldn't have brought this up, because I didn't want to think about it.

"Yeah, sure, I'll think about it," I replied blandly, and then smiled. "I'll see you guys," I said, and gave both my mom and dad a hug.

After we said our goodbyes, I walked back my apartment and saw Mackenzie sitting on the couch that we had just placed in the living room. I walked over to her, and jumped onto the couch next her.

"I'm bored. Wanna invite Tyler over? Josh is at some family thing," Mackenzie asked me.

"Sure," I replied, and grabbed my phone from the coffee table that was in front of us. I quickly rang Tyler's number and waited for a few seconds until he eventually answered his phone.

"Hey Ty!" I exclaimed, smiling.

"Hey Y/n," Tyler replied. "How was the move? Everything good?" He asked.

"It was great. You should come over now. It's a bit boring," I told him.

"Sure! I can bring movies and food if you want," he suggested.

"That sounds good. Thank you so much Tyler. I'll pay you back for the food," I said.

After much arguing, Tyler declared that he would pay for the food. I didn't really want him to buy me anything, especially because he was saving for his own place, but I couldn't really argue with Tyler.

A little while later, there was a knock at the door. I quickly jolted up off the couch, and opened the door. Tyler was standing there with a bunch of movies in one hand, and a box of pizza in the other.

"You need some help there?" I giggled as I took the box from his hand, and walked inside to place it on the coffee table. Tyler shut the front door and set all of the movies next to the TV.

"Okay, I brought a ton of movies, just in case," Tyler stated as he spread out all of the moves across the floor. "Y/n, come pick one." He looked up to me, motioning for me to go over to him.

I got up and sat beside him on the floor, looking over all of the movies.

"That one," I said, pointing to Beauty and the Beast. The live action version, to be specific.

Tyler groaned. "We just watched this a few weeks ago."

"I don't care. Mack, do you wanna watch it?" I asked, looking up to where she was sitting on the couch.

"Yeah, I haven't seen it yet," she replied.

"It's really good," I responded, picking up the movie and handing it to Tyler.

As we were watching the movie, it began to get dark outside, causing the apartment to get dark too. None of the lights were on, only the bright screen of the TV slightly lit up the room.

Tyler and I snuggled with a blanket over us because the apartment was a bit cold. His head was laying on my shoulder, and I looked over and noticed his eyes were closed.

Once I noticed he was sleeping, I avoided moving around so that I didn't wake him. Although, when the movie ended, I carefully tried to get up with out waking him.

Even though he was sleeping, I still wanted him to be comfortable, so I managed to slide a pillow under his head. I pulled the blanket so it was covering his entire body up to his neck, and then took a step back.

As I looked at him, I could only think about how much I loved being with him. About how much I loved him.

Other people have told us we were the perfect pair, or the lucky ones. But in reality, something wasn't working out. We loved and trusted each other more than anything, especially because we'd always been best friends, but something was pulling us back. And that was my parents. I just wished they would've let go of the grudge they were holding on Tyler.

Staying with him isn't going to make my parents any less mad at the fact we're still together. Something had to change if we were to at least try and work this out.

I shook my thoughts away, and leaned down to Tyler so he was leveled with me.

"Goodnight Ty," I whispered, and I placed a kiss on his forehead.

I walked to my room and grabbed some clothes to change into, and then went to the bathroom to grab a towel so I could take a shower.

When I walked into the bathroom, I noticed Mackenzie was there, just finishing up brushing her teeth.

"Oh, hey," she said quietly, turning around as she noticed me standing there. "I have a question."

"What is it?"

"I heard your parents earlier. When they told you to think about breaking up with Tyler, you said you would. Are you really thinking about doing that?" She asked, a look of worry on her face.

"Y-yeah," I responded sadly, looking down and trying to avoid any eye contact. "It's just that my parents are still mad, and maybe if we take a break, we can find a way to work this out. I don't want to leave him forever. I love him more than anything," I responded, tears threatening to fall down my face. I didn't want to do this. I didn't want to leave him, but it seemed like the only solution. It's the only way my parents wouldn't be mad at us, and it's the only way my parents might even think about talking to Tyler.

"I guess I understand. But he's gonna be heartbroken, you know," she added, only causing my heart to sink further as I held my tears back.

"I don't want to do that. I just think we should take break. I don't want to, but it's the only way to fix this somehow. And after we somehow do that, we can get back together," I explained, hoping my reasoning would make sense.

"No, I get it. You're going to wait for each other, and then get back together. That sounds like a smart thing to do if you wanna work it out," she said.

After I took a shower and got ready for bed, I headed over to my room and sat down on my bed, just thinking to myself.

I couldn't even begin to think about how I was going to tell Tyler that we needed to take a break. I couldn't even imagine myself getting the words out of my mouth without fearing his reaction, so I decided to write it down.

I walked over to the desk in my room, and sat down on the chair in front of it. I ripped off a small piece of paper from the notebook that was laying there, and then grabbed a pen to begin writing everything down.

Tyler,

I really don't want to do this, but I feel like it's the only way. My parents won't even talk to you now, so maybe this'll somehow fix something. What I'm saying is, I think we should take a break. My parents might be less angry at me and you, and maybe we can find a way to work this out. Even though we're taking a break, just know that I love you and I want us to wait for each other until everything is sorted out. Forever and always.

I dropped the pen and picked up the note, folding it as I placed it to the back of the desk.

A/n: i still know what i'm doing, don't get mad at me :)