13

•Tyler's POV•

I was sitting on my bed, staring down at the wooden floor in my room. It was the day after Y/n and I decided to 'take a break.' I was thinking to myself. There had to be some way to persuade her parents so that we could be together.

I guess she was right when she said that taking a break was for the best. We were completely defying her parents by sneaking out and all, so it was no doubt that they were mad. Maybe showing that we are actually listening to them for once will help change their minds.

I thought about what I could do. Then I remembered Jasmine, and the day she showed up in front of my house. She told me that I could let her know if I ever needed any help with any of this. There wasn't much she could do about it, but I figured she could at least try and talk to Y/n's parents.

The whole problem was that her parents didn't think I could be completely loyal to Y/n after almost marrying another girl, but calling it off last minute. I guessed they thought that if I ran right back to her, I could also leave her whenever I wanted. Which I would never do. I always loved her, and I would forever.

I decided to give Jasmine a call, hoping she'd answer because I really wanted to just fix things.

After a few rings, she eventually did answer, and I took a deep breath before talking.

"Hey Jasmine," I greeted her a bit nervously.

"Hey..." she responded, and she seemed to be a bit confused. "Why are you calling?"

"Well, I remember you telling me that if I needed help with anything about me and Y/n, I could come to you. And I need your help," I explained, wishing that she didn't change her mind about what she said.

"Oh..." she paused for a moment, "okay..."

"So, is that a yes?" I asked, almost desperately.

"Sure," she responded, and I felt relieved. At least there was some chance of fixing things now.

"Okay, how about you meet me at the coffee shop tomorrow so we can talk about it. After I get off work, at like 4:00, is that good?" I asked her.

"Yup," she replied. "See ya there."

"Alright, thanks," I said, and then ended the call.

_______________________________

•Timeskip to the next day•

I was still at work, taking people's orders from behind the counter. My job wasn't completely terrible, except for the fact that I just wanted to do more than this. I wanted to actually be able to perform in front of thousands of people, but I was just getting there. A few people in the coffee shop soon turned into a hundred people in an actual venue. I couldn't wait for the day when I could quit this job and make my band with Josh full-time. Sometimes I wondered if I made a mistake by not going to college, but making music was my passion, so it's what I intended to pursue.

Soon enough it was 4:00, so I walked out from behind the counter and sat at a small table in the corner of the shop, looking out the window to see if Jasmine was here.

She walked in a few minutes later, and smiled when she saw me. I gave her a friendly smile in return, and she sat in front of me.

"Hey um, why don't you tell Y/n to meet us up here too? She'll probably wanna help us figure out what to do," she suggested, and I thought that it was a good idea.

"Sure," I responded, and pulled out my phone to text Y/n.

Tyler: Hey, come meet me at the coffee shop. Jasmine is here, she's gonna try and help us

A few seconds later, she replied.

Y/n: Sure, I'm in the car anyway and I'm not too far, so I'll see you in a little

I slid my phone back inside the back pocket of my skinny jeans, and then looked back up to Jasmine.

"She'll be here soon," I told her, and she nodded in response.

There was a few minutes of silence, which consisted of both of us just going on our phones. When I looked up, I saw Y/n outside of the window, walking towards the entrance.

"She's here," I said, and Jasmine quickly looked up. She looked towards the door, and we both saw Y/n coming in, but only a split second later Jasmine was facing me again. She stared at me for a second, and I was confused as to what was going on. Before I knew it, the collar of my shirt was being grabbed by Jasmine's hand, and her lips were against mine. Out of complete shock, I froze.

Why is she doing this?

She pulled away before I could finally come to my senses and pull back myself. I leaned back in my seat in complete surprise and confusion. I didn't want to kiss her, I just felt like I couldn't move because of the sudden action.

Now I was scared because I realized Y/n saw it. She was standing right in front of the door. I didn't want her to think that I kissed Jasmine. I didn't want that to happen. I didn't even expect it.

I looked over to her, my heart beating as fast as ever. Her expression was full of shock, and her mouth was slightly opened in surprise. Her eyebrows were furrowed, and there was a look of hurt in her eyes.

"Y/n," I called, but she cut me off before I could tell her anything.

"I don't even want to hear it, Tyler," she said, shaking her head disappointingly. "I'm leaving."

And then she walked out of the coffee shop, and I quickly turned to Jasmine, my fear now being replaced with anger.

"What was that for?" I asked, raising my voice a bit. She only smirked a bit, laughing to herself.

"You didn't think I'd actually help you, did you?" She asked. Well, I did think she would help me. I wanted to trust her, and I didn't want to be on bad terms. I thought she had forgiven me.

"I should've known better," I responded, laughing miserably to myself at my stupidity. "I trusted you, that was a mistake."

"I could say the same to you," she snapped.

"I said sorry. I wanted you to forgive me. I know what I did wasn't right, but at least I recognized that. Payback doesn't make things right," I responded, and she rolled her eyes.

"I don't care, Tyler. Good luck with that relationship," she said sarcastically as she got up from her seat, and I gave her a cold stare as she walked away.

I sighed, slumping down into the chair.

How come more problems occurred from trying to just fix one?