Vote and comment :)

•Y/n's POV•

While Mackenzie drove back to our apartment, Josh was driving Tyler back to his house. Tyler said he remembered having an ankle brace somewhere in his house from when he used to play basketball, so he could use that.

Once Tyler has gotten what he needed, he said he wanted to come back with us to my apartment.

When we arrived and got out of the car, I put an arm around Tyler's shoulder to help him walk upright. We took the elevator, and then walked to my apartment.

The rest of the night, we all just sat on the couch watching movies, talking, and eating snacks. It felt good to finally hang out with all my friends again. It reminded me of the times we would do this back in high school.

Later, I offered to drive Tyler and Josh home. Since Tyler couldn't drive for a few days because of his ankle, I told him he could just leave it here and pick it up another day.

I was dropping Josh off first, and the ride there was pretty silent. The only sound that could be heard were the tires rolling against the street.

The whole time, I was thinking about how Tyler and I were going to convince my parents to allow us to be together. Since we were over 18, we technically didn't need their permission, but I didn't want them to dislike Tyler.

Tyler and I had talked earlier on what we were going to do, and we decided that it was best for us to go to my parents house the next day and talk to them. It was the only solution.

_______________________________

•Y/n's POV•

Today was the day we were going to talk to my parents. I was extremely nervous, and I could guess that Tyler probably felt the same way. I just wanted things to be right again, and I was scared that I wouldn't be able to convince my parents. I still had hope though, because they had always loved Tyler. Maybe they could finally look past their hard feelings for him and realize that he's still the same person that they've always known.

I was in my car, driving to my parent's house. When I had finally arrived, I texted Tyler to meet me in the front.

Soon enough, I saw Tyler walking down the driveway of his house. He was wearing his typical outfit; black skinny jeans and a T-shirt, and his head was lowered down, staring at the screen of his phone.

"Hey," I heard him say, looking up from his phone and placing it in his back pocket. "Are you nervous?"

"Kind of," I replied truthfully. "How about you?"

"Very," he told me, running a hand through his silky brown hair.

I put my hand out, letting him know that I was ready to go in. He took it, and began walking with me to the front door. I knocked lightly and waited for one of my parents to open it, my hand still intertwined with Tyler's.

Only a few seconds later, my mom answered the door, and she had a smile on her face. It kind of faltered for second when she noticed Tyler was there.

"Mom, we need to talk. All of us," I told her. "Tyler too. Let him come in, please."

"Okay," my mom nodded, walking towards the couch and leaving the door open so that we could both walk inside. Tyler shut it behind him, and we all took a seat on the couch. My mom called my dad inside, and he soon emerged from the other room, a confused look on his face.

"Okay, Tyler and I need to talk to you guys," I repeated. "It's about us being together."

"I'm confused," my dad started, leaning forward from the chair he was sitting on. "I thought something happened between you two?"

"I was wrong," I shook my head. "I told you what I thought had happened, but I was wrong."

"Then what really happened?" My mom asked curiously.

Tyler began to tell his side of the story, and I explained everything that happened at the restaurant, and how I heard Jasmine admit what she did herself. Luckily, they believed us. But there was still more to talk about.

"The main reason we said that it was a stupid idea for you to get back together with him was because of what happened at the wedding," my mom said, my dad nodding in agreement.

"If it weren't for you," my mom said, referring to me, "then Tyler probably would have married that girl, right? My point was that he must have not cared about you enough to stop it himself," she explained. Tyler looked down, his eyes clouded with guilt and sadness. He shook his head slightly, then slowly looked up.

"I was too scared to say anything beforehand, and I regret it," Tyler said, sighing. "I was leaning on Y/n to do it for me, since I couldn't do it myself. If she hadn't said anything to stop it, I promise that I would have spoken up to stop it myself. And I know it's too late to go back and prove it to you. I'm stupid," he told my mom, looking down to avoid any eye contact.

Even though it was too late for him to prove it, I believed him. I knew Tyler couldn't marry her, and I knew he didn't feel as strongly about her. That's why I stepped in. I was just trying to help him, but I had realized that maybe I should have left that task for Tyler. I trusted him, and I knew that he would stop it himself if I hadn't.

"Tyler, we know you pretty well," my dad started, looking over at him. "And we know you wouldn't lie, especially to us, so I believe you," he said, and Tyler nodded in response.

We all talked a bit more, and both of my parents were wondering what happened with Tyler's ankle, so we explained everything. I still felt that it was my fault that Tyler had gotten hurt, but he told me over and over again not to worry about it. He told me he'd do anything for me, and I guess he proved it.

As our conversation came to an end, my mom spoke up.

"So basically, you two are asking for our permission to get back together?" My mom asked. Tyler and I both nodded in anticipation.

"I think I'm okay with it," my mom smiled, and then she looked over to my dad. "What do you think?"

"I'm okay with it," my dad responded. "And I know I can count on you to protect her, right?"

"Always," Tyler smiled, moving his hand to mine and then intertwining them. His face was beaming with happiness, and my expression probably matched his. Finally, things were back to normal.

Tyler and I said our goodbyes to my parents, and then we walked next door to Tyler's house. I hadn't seen his family in a while, so I wanted to hang out with them, just like old times.

Tyler opened the front door, and we both walked in. Zack was sitting on the couch watching TV, but his head quickly turned in our direction. His eyes widened and he jumped up excitedly.

"Y/n!" He exclaimed, running up to me. He engulfed me in a hug, causing me to stumble backwards. I really had missed Tyler's brother. He had always teased us and bothered us, but he had always managed to make me laugh too.

"I haven't seen you in forever," he said, pulling back.

"I know, I've missed you," I told him, causing him to smile.

"Alright, leave her alone," Tyler said jokingly, pushing his brother out of the way.

Yeah, things were definitely back to normal.

A/n: happy new year!!

also, can you believe almost a year ago i started writing the buttercup story?? like what the heck how was that a year ago