Chapter 7-This is Gonna Hurt

Author's Note: WARNING This chapter contains feels and disturbing imagery which could triggering to some readers. Reader discretion is advised.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Time had passed but it felt nothing had gotten fixed in Nick's life. The nightmares got progressively worse, showing him viciously hurting Aurora like that night he was nearly choked breathless. The magnificent food that Aurora would cook tasted as though it was decomposingly rotten and any drink he had wasn't much better, almost felt as though it was contaminated.

As he reduced his appetite, his physique quickly went down back to his skinny self when he started filming Ghost Adventures. Feeling low on energy, he felt no further interest in anything athletic.

Aurora could slowly see Nick's deterioration of his health and overall vibe, he was checked out at the doctor who could find no medical reason for his suffering. Desperate, Aurora tried to coax Nick to seek a priest in her local church. But remembering the last time he sought refuge that way, the priest was no help at all implying he was crazy.

Hallucinations came coming him to reach out and attack Aurora, leaving Nick frustrated.

Is she not listening that she'll get hurt too?

If he lost her, he'd have nothing left.

One late summer day, Aurora was about to go to her internship but could see that look in Nick's eyes...the light has completely vanished from him.

"Nick, do you want me to stay home today?"

"Why would you do that?" He asked quietly in a hard tone.

"Because...I care about you." She said, feeling tugging inside her chest.

"Yeah, I wish you didn't. Maybe it'd be better if I never came here..." Nick said in an aggressive, stunning her to the core.

"Nick, how could you say that? You would've-"

"What?! Be on the streets, alone?" Nick yelled, gritting his teeth.

"Besides, you got it good. At least you have a home, your dream career...God, can't you leave me the fuck alone?!"

Tears welled to her eyes, ripping her heart into pieces but she spoke anyway.

"Nick, please...you don't mean that." She said as her lip quivered.

"Oh, what do you care? You think God will spare me now? Clearly, He doesn't care about me!! I prayed for help and this entity only got worse, maybe you get out of my life THEN MAYBE I'LL BE FREE AND GET MY LIFE BACK!!!" Nick shouted, echoing through the wall.

Aurora grasped her chest, sensations of tearing stabbed through her chest. Eyes stinging in the pain, clasping them shut.

"Nick-"

He turned away, not caring anymore.

"Just go, do what you have to do."

Aurora wiped her eyes, needing some space to find her own solace. Grabbing her bag and keys, she exited the apartment.

Nick heard the door shut and slightly came back to his senses, screaming in agony. He thrashed at his bed, throwing whatever he could.

No, how could this happen?! Not her, too. I really did hurt her...Veronique was right to leave me. Annabelle and Chloe shouldn't have a Dad like me...

Collapsing down on his bed, held his head in his hands, scrapping his hair with his fingers. Feeling his wedding ring, he grabbed it and tugged it off, throwing it down the bathtub drain along with whatever he tried to cleanse himself.