Chapter 13-Feel Again, Heal Within

A few weeks had passed since Nick's exorcism; he finally slept without fear of attacks and could at last feel happy about life. He trained for American Ninja Warrior again, Aurora returned to her film studies and spent the weeks cramming her homework while Nick assisted her with the video work as best he could. He mentored her by teaching her about being a producer and shooting on location as a videographer.

As the summer was reaching the end, Aurora had to turn in the finished video she and Nick made together.

She grabbed her backpack after slipping the flash drive into it, slipping it over her shoulders and turning to Nick in the kitchen.

"Okay, I'm off. Wish me luck."

"Yeah, good luck kiddo. You got this."

He fist bumped her before she left to catch the subway, her classes went as usual. Art of Film in the morning, Scripting for Electronic Media before lunch and various other film related classes before reaching her personal favorite, Videography and Editing. It was always great to see her professor react to her work with great delight.

This particular project she made with Nick, thoroughly impressed him. Calling "The Girl in the Shadows", it took in for grading and told Aurora this was some of the best work he's seen in the class in years. Flattered by his compliments, she prayed this meant a good grade. But she didn't know is the Professor was also going to pass onto the school to display her work on their YouTube page so anyone could see it.

Meanwhile Nick was at home as he finished up a refreshing shower, noticing his drain was clogging up. He heard Aurora step into the door and dropping her bag onto her usual chair spot.

"Hey, Aurora!" He called out as she walked to his door. Knocking first to avoid awkward surprises, she stepped in.

"What's up?" She asked,

"My bathroom is clogged, do you have anything to fix that?"

"Oh yeah, it looks simple. I'll just get a drain snake and fix that in no time." She replied,

Pulling open her bathroom sink doors, hanging on a hook was a coiled wire with Velcro shaped spikes on the square head. She unrivaled the wire and squeezed the head down the pipe, once she hit the clog she twisted and pulled a few times before the clog came loose. The water flowed without issues now and as she pulled the wire back up, a dark gray hairy clump was stuck to the head.

"Ooh, that looks gross." Nick's face in contorted in disgust.

Aurora went to grab the blob off when she felt something small hard in her fingers.

"Wait, there's something here."

"What?"

"I don't know yet. I gotta clean it up, I'll get what I need at the store this week." She replied after sealing it away in a plastic bag in the meantime.

"Okay, well thanks for fixing the drain. So tell me, how was school?"

She talked as they walked out to the living room,

"Oh, my Professor liked a lot so hopefully I'll get a good grade."

"Sure hope so. You busted your ass to make that."

"Well, yeah. But I couldn't have done without your help." She replied,

"Nah, that was all you."

She smiled at Nick's belief in her, and decided to ask Nick something.

"So what's going on?"

"About what?" He asked in return,

"You, going home."