Chapter 11-Between Us Two

Aurora shifted slightly as she slowly drifted from her slumber, slowly realizing she wasn't in her room.

Oh, ooh. Must've passed out on the couch last night...

She thought, as she slid back a bit, another warm body was lying right behind her. Feeling an arm over her just on her navel, she carefully shifted to see Nick's calm face as his eyes twitched.

Her face began to fry under her eyes, mouth hung open. Not knowing what to do, she glanced down and carefully removed his arm. Hoping not to wake him, he moaned a bit as his head shifted. Still in his slumber, she carefully sat up and waltzed quietly to her bathroom. Squeaking on the water to splash her face, the cool liquid dripped down her chin. Trying to calm her giddiness scrambling her brains,

How the hell-what the eff happened?

Her brain couldn't process what could have led her to be in that position throughout the night.

Did-did I really just...spend the night with Nick?

Her head was spinning as her circuits were overloading with embarrassment fiercely battling her excitement, she could feel nothing happened but why did he just leave her there with him?

Come on, relax. She tried to tell herself. You don't want him to see you like this.

As she tried to rationalize what was transpiring there, a voice sounded behind her as she saw Nick in the reflection in her mirror.

"Hey, you alright?"

"Y-yeah, just wasn't expecting to...wake up...to you...like that."

"Oh," He laughed a bit, "Sorry, just didn't want to wake you up and so I thought it wasn't big deal to do that."

"I mean, it's not big deal if you didn't mind." She retorted, nervous that he take her actions the wrong way.

"No, not at all. Was the best night I'd had in a while, first time I hadn't woken up at three in the morning."

Smiling that the implication that she helped him more calmly, she nodded in agreement.

"Certainly wasn't expecting it."

Aurora turned bright red, just the mental image made her almost ready to explode from her flustering emotions.

"What? Are you embarrassed? I can see you're shaking."

Stunned with open eyes, she stammered by her inability to speak.

"N-no, i-it's just something...I never thought I'd do."

Nick vibrated his signature laugh, knowing that he really pushed her comfort zone unintentionally.

He gently palmed her arm to guide out to the living room,

"Come on, let's just enjoy the day."

"Fair enough." She said trying to push past her boiling emotions of euphoria and terror.

Nick went ahead and got dressed then was ready to go out the door.

"What's going on? Another workout routine?" Aurora asked in confusion,

"No, let's go out to the city. I wanna make up bowling night to you."

"Oh...Okay, let's do it." She quickly followed suit with getting dressed and slipping on some comfortable shoes.

Nick graciously opened the door to let her out first and close it behind them as they ventured on.

Hours passed between all their activities, sightseeing the Statue of Liberty like he did back when they guys were pitching Ghost Adventures to Travel Channel years ago. Catching some rides on Coney Island, and checking out a recently opened indoor arcade. They tried out an Escape Room challenge which they both used their wits to their group out of "the chemistry lab" before a mutant disease was released. They played a few rounds of laser tag, each playfully chasing each other. Wanting to win for their teams, in the end, Nick won that game...but Aurora knew something that she could better.