Chapter 2

The game progressed and in between each inning, Dansby had taken the time to wave, smile, or wink at them. It melted Jessalyn's heart. She attempted to hide how happy it made her, but she wasn't sure she was doing that great of a job. Then again, Bristol was kind of distracted.

"Did you see that catch? WHO DOES THAT?" Bristol shook her head and watched as Ender approached the dugout. He had just ended the inning with that catch and she'd never been more impressed. He smiled up at her and kissed the ball before heading down into the dugout, "Good gosh, I'm going to die-" Bristol shifted a bit, "He doesn't even care that everyone around us thinks it's to them."

"It's obviously not. I mean, he's really flirting with you. You should... talk to him after. Don't worry about what Dansby said," Jessalyn settled in her seat, "That is... unless you want to worry about what he said. I mean, I'm sure he was just being protective, right?"

Bristol frowned, "I don't care what he thinks. I mean, I respect him, but he wouldn't be friends with some horrible guy. We know Dansby isn't like that. He probably hasn't even dated since he was called up..."

Jessalyn silently hoped she was right. With a heavy sigh, she focused her attention back on the game. It was the Braves last chance to bat and they were down one run, "Let's hope Dans can get us a walk off-"

"Maybe Ender will do it. Since he is batting first-"

"Right," Jessalyn laughed. Could her best friend be any more obvious? She only wished she could be that way.

The ball connected with the bat and sure enough, Ender had gotten a hit. A good one too! It got him to second base. The girls stood and screamed for Dansby when he walked up to the plate, "He's got this-" Bristol nodded, "I just know. I know my Dansby!"

She shot Bristol a look and frowned. Her Dansby? Maybe she was reading too much into it, but they had looked a little cozy. She brushed it off and focused back on his batting. He was down in the count, but she had confidence, "COME ON DANS! GET HIM HOME!"

"Yes, let's get him home--" Bristol whispered, nudging her friend, "If you know what I mean."

"REALLY? THIS IS IMPORTANT!" Jessalyn groaned, "Let's support our best friend!"

Bristol laughed. She was just being light hearted and wasn't sure what had gotten into Jessalyn but she didn't have time to think about it right now. Dansby's bat had just connected with the ball and she was positive it was a double. They weren't at all disappointed when it carried over the wall and the Braves had indeed walked it off against the Mets, "My worst team dies and my best friend is responsible! I LOVE LIFE!"

"Our best friend is pretty awesome-" She corrected and cheered along with the crowd.

As the people slowly cleared, Bristol was eager to head back down to the wall, "Come on, Jess..." She waited until the other girl had caught up to her. Once they were down there, they could see Dansby being interviewed.

He finished up and quickly left his teammates to come get them, "COME HERE! NOW! BOTH OF YOU!" He grabbed Jessalyn's hand and helped her over. He didn't have to help Bristol, because Ender was already there and taking care of that, "Inciarte. I told you I needed a minute-"

He frowned, "You don't need a minute with both of them," He shrugged, his attention back on the girl in front of him, "We're all going out, do you want to go, Bristol?"

"You already know my name. You must have been talking about me," She smiled at him and didn't let go of his hand, "I'd love to go."

"I ask Swanson. I got the evil eye-" He whispered, "But I don't care."