Chapter 32

Sorry for the delay! I promise I haven't forgotten this... I promise I won't leave you hanging too long. 😘

Ender finished up his shower and was ready for dinner. He felt so much guilt, even though he wasn't doing anything to harm Bristol or their relationship. But to know she thought such a thing, really got to him, "Bris?" He softly called out. He wanted this surprise, but he knew he couldn't do it anymore. He had to tell her right away, "Bristol? We need to talk, princesa!"

After a few more minutes of searching the house, he was at a loss for words. She never left without telling him, and more so, broken plans they'd made, "Bristol, where are you?" He sighed and stopped just beside the counter. A white sheet of paper caught him out of the corner of his eye. He quickly picked it up and read it out loud.

Whoever she is, I pray she's good to you. You deserve the best, so don't settle for anything less. I'm just sorry I wasn't it for you, Ender. I will be okay and make it through this, I always do. Please don't look for me. -Bristol

Ender stared at the letter in disbelief. Tears burned his eyes and he blinked to keep them from falling. He'd never in his life experienced so many emotions in one moment. His heart was broken into a million pieces as he thought of how lost she must feel. And their unborn son... how would he ever know him? Bristol couldn't have him alone, "What have I done?"

After a quick glance around the room, he rushed out the door. She had said not to look for her, but how could he not? He wouldn't stop until he found her, either. She was the love of his life, and she just so happened to be carrying some precious cargo that belonged to him as well. This was a terrible misunderstanding and he had to fix it. Some how, he had to find his girl and make it right.

♥♥♥

The week had flown by and Jessalyn and Dansby were back home before they knew it. Both were in agreement it had been the best week of their lives. They had shared so much, and if possible, their bond had grown even stronger over the course of seven days.

"Here we are!" Jessalyn grinned as she opened the door, "Bristol! Ender!" Neither had talked to their friends all week and as bad as it sounded, they really hadn't wanted to. They had been enjoying one another and knew their friends would be there when they got there.

"This place is sort of a mess," Dansby frowned as he picked up a cup off the table, "So un-Bristol like."

"Yeah, she's kind of a neat freak--" Jessalyn shrugged, "Maybe they were just too busy this week to keep things up-" She nudged Dansby with her elbow, suggestively.

He laughed and wrapped his arms around her from the side, "Like us?"

"Probably not that busy-" She mused and kissed him.

"Well, doesn't look like anyone is here-" Dansby surprised her as he gently pushed her against the wall. He placed his hands on the wall on either side of her. He didn't waste anytime pressing his lips to hers.

Jessalyn was lost in the kiss for a long moment, but pushed him away with a laugh, "Stop that. We don't know where they are, or when they'll be back!"

"True- but-" He gently feathered kisses along her jaw and down her neck, "That's why we have a room-"

"As nice as that sounds-" Her eyes slipped closed and she rested her arms around him, "We need to see our friends---"