Chapter 23

About an hour later, Bristol was dressed in a cute sundress and ready to go out. She hadn't gotten any downtime since The World Series had started. Satisfied with how she looked, she made her way into the living room to find Jessalyn and Dansby snuggled up under a large blanket on the couch. They were talking and highlight reels of the Braves played on Sports Center, "I can't believe Friday is the parade-" Bristol spoke, which brought them from their conversation.

"Right?" Dansby grinned and pointed to the TV, "Look, it's us!"

Jessalyn grinned at the sight. Sure enough, there was a video of the four of them celebrating the previous night's victory, "I'll never forget that feeling."

"Neither will I," Ender walked into the room and put his arms around Bristol, "She made me the happiest man in the world. You look beautiful, Bris."

"Pretty sure she's talking about the World Series, Ender," Dansby laughed, "But having our women locked down is a great feeling-" Dansby kissed Jessalyn and slid his arm around her shoulder.

"Oh yeah, that too," He grinned, "We're going out to eat dinner... do a little celebrating. Why don't you two come with us-"

Dansby shrugged and started to sit up, "Sounds good to me-"

Jessalyn shook her head and grabbed his arm and softly questioned, "I'm kind of tired. Would you be mad if we just ate those pizza rolls and relaxed here?"

"No," He glanced back at her, "I figured you'd want to go. I'm good with this-"

"Already acting like an old married couple-" Bristol laughed and took hold of Ender's hand, "We'll be back. Don't wait up, kids."

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" Ender called back as they walked out of the room, "I mean, don't do anything I've ever done-"

Dansby laughed, "YOU KNOW BETTER!" When he heard the door shut, he shifted his gaze to Jessalyn. She was chewing on her bottom lip and it seemed as if she had a hundred thoughts on her mind, "You okay?"

"Hmm?" She met his gaze and a shockwave ran through her body. It was honestly becoming physically painful to NOT be with him in the way she wanted to be. It probably sounded awful, but he would be her husband in nine short days, so she figured she wasn't being too bad, "Yeah, I'm good. I just... wanted to spend time with you. We don't get that too often."

"We spend time together all the time-" He mused, but she didn't show any emotion. She was focused, "Oh. You mean alone-"

"Yea... yeah..." She fumbled for words, "I don't know, I just... wanted some down time with you. Is that okay?"

He turned to face her and nodded, "Of course-" Dansby shifted a bit and licked his lips. She was leaning closer and he was hesitant. What she wanted exactly, was left to be seen.

"Dans," She whispered, her hands slid beneath his shirt and moved across his bare skin. She was now leaning up to match his position. Jess leaned closer and without another thought, she found his lips in a very heated kiss. It was unlike her, she knew it, but all the emotion she'd felt being away from him spilled into the excitement of the win. Not to mention, he was about to be her husband. She pushed him gently and he got the hint to sit back. How she ended up straddling his lap, was quite questionable, but somewhere in the fog, she had.

Dansby wanted to stop her. He wanted to find the willpower to do so. But he'd never in his life wanted something so badly himself. It was obvious now, this was on her mind when they had left. He too toyed with the thoughts of how she'd soon be his wife, so they really weren't missing anything. Then again, they'd had waited so long, and he didn't want her to regret it, "Jessalyn-" He managed to mumbled between her kisses, "Wait-"