Chapter 19

The week was flying by and before Jessalyn could even catch her breath, it was already game five. They were currently in Atlanta and would head back to Boston if it wasn't wrapped up that night. The Braves hadn't won since the first game, meaning Boston currently led the series with three wins. It was nerve wracking knowing they only needed to win one more to take it all.

"Come on, Flowers-" Bristol mumbled as she munched on a nacho, "You got this- you're clutch."

Jess sighed. The Braves were down by two and it was the bottom of the ninth. She didn't feel stressed anymore, she had sort of just accepted the fact they weren't going to win it. This wasn't their year, "She speaks!"

Bristol glanced over to Jess and shrugged, "About baseball? Always. About anything else- not so much."

"Come on, Bris. It's been four days. Can we just... not."

"Have you spoke to him?" Bristol turned in her seat and stared the other girl down, "Have you talked to him at all? Waved at him? Watched him more than you've watched the other Red Sox?"

"Well," Jess looked away and onto the field. She watched as Dans stepped into the batter's box with the bases loaded. She didn't want to lie to Bristol. She had talked to Andrew a few times... he'd found her at the oddest times. Once when she was having lunch at the corner cafe, another time while she was jogging in the park. There was also the time just earlier in the day when she was waiting for Dansby to finish his interview, he'd found her just to say hi. Honestly, she didn't see the big deal. It was all innocent, at least on her part, "I mean yeah, I've spoken to him. We're friends."

"Good. Then you've told Dansby, right?"

She chewed her lip and kept her eyes on the field, "Not exactly, I mean... why would I do that? He has other things to focus on. He doesn't care who I'm friends with."

"You sure about that?" Bristol sipped her drink, "I mean, if you're so sure, then why not just tell him?"

"You act like you have zero guy friends. I mean, you had breakfast with Kemp the other day. I saw you."

"Actually, I had breakfast with Ender and the waitress didn't fill our glasses so he took them to get a refill. Matt was walking past and joined us. If you had waited two seconds instead of rushing off to be with hot stuff down there, you would have SEEN that. And besides- that's Ender's teammate. It's not like I had breakfast with Bryce Harper, goodness. You're delusional!"

"Fine! I get it. I'm going to tell him, okay? Just... I'm going to. I can't think right now-" She watched as Dansby hit the ball and it went directly out to center field. It missed being a grand-slam by a mere foot. It was a base clearing double and he was extremely excited- the game was over and Dansby had gotten the walk-off! A smile crossed her face and she felt a twinge of guilt, "That's my man!"

Bristol was excited too but rolled her eyes, "For how long though? Because you don't keep people by keeping secrets."

Jess frowned. Bristol was right, she had to tell him today. No more secrets. Which also meant she would tell Andrew she didn't want him to approach her anymore, even as friends. When Bristol took off towards the wall to meet with Ender, she decided to take the opportunity to find Andrew. From the looks of it, Dansby would be tied up with media for quite a while.

She made her way down and around to the opposite side of the stadium and showed her credentials to enter the club house. She received a few looks, but quickly spotted who she wanted to talk to, "Andrew-"