Chapter 17

Time has seemingly flown by. The Braves had won the East, and in addition, the National League pinnate. No one had expected to see them in the playoffs, more less, The World Series.

Jessalyn sat in a coffee shop just outside of Fenway Park. She had about three hours to kill before heading to the field. The boys were tied up in media and interviews, but she had to find a way to take her mind off of it all. Sipping the warm liquid, she pulled her coat tighter around her. It was so cool outside to only be October.

"There you are!" Bristol beamed as she took a seat across from her best friend, "I have been looking all over town for you. I was waiting for Ender because we were going to go shopping for our child in the little bit of time before practice started, but the media request never stopped. Seems like you have the right idea-"

"This is great," She held the large mug, "You should try some!"

"No coffee for me-" Her hand rested on her stomach and she continued to smile, "But hot chocolate would be nice. I'll be right back!"

Jess shrugged and leaned back. She checked her phone and decided to scroll twitter for a little bit as she waited for her friend to come back. Hearing a commotion, she glanced up and seen two somewhat familiar faces walk inside. She hadn't actually met any of them, but she'd seen enough in the post season to know who they were. She watched as fans gathered around and they kindly signed for them.

"Well, they're not stuck in media day and it's their own field," Bristol sighed as she retook her seat, "I really wish Ender would hurry because... I'm anxious to go in the store next door. I promised I wouldn't do it without him."

"They'll be here," She focused her attention back on Jessalyn, but couldn't help but feel the stare from across the room. She shifted a little bit and tried to make it less obvious.

"I know. But when you're pregnant, you don't want to wait on anything---" Bristol frowned as she watched as her friend glanced past her and into the opposite corner. She arched an eyebrow and quickly looked back to her, "Jess."

"What?" Jessalyn met Bristol's glare, "WHAT? They're Red Sox. They don't know us. I wonder what they're talking about-"

"Nothing that concerns us," Bristol turned back in her seat, "Although I think Mr. Studd Muffin is concerned with you-"

"Huh?" Jessalyn had made it a point not to look back in that direction as she sipped her coffee once more, "He was probably just confused because we are the only ones in here who didn't ask for autographs."

"Maybe-" She shook her head and glanced down at her phone, "Ender is-"

"Here-"

She felt arms around her and she leaned back into the embrace, "Finally," She grasped his forearm and held him closer, "Want some hot chocolate?"

"No-" He kissed her cheek and moved to sit in the the extra seat, "You still want to go shopping? I've got a little time before batting practice."

"Of course," She downed the last little bit that remained in her cup, "I'm ready!"

"You want to come, Jess?" Ender turned to their friend and smiled, "You know you're more than welcome. Three is never a crowd."