Chapter 30

Hiiiii. I just want to take a moment and thank every one of you for reading. Y'all are great! ;) Okay, so I get a lot of messages asking  for an Ender only story- well, I do plan on one in the future... but in the meantime, you can check out emmanurse 's 'Make it to me'. It's sooooo cute and she is a great writer!! Check it out!

Thank you all again! 💖

Bristol slowly blinked open her eyes and tiredly yawned. She smiled into the sheets around her and moved to snuggle closer to Ender. She frowned upon feeling the bed beside her. It was empty, "Ender?" She whispered before sitting up and glancing around the room. A frown appeared when she noticed he wasn't in the room. She didn't remember him saying he had any obligations for the morning. Her hand rested on her stomach and she smiled sweetly, "At least I'm never alone." Slowly, she grabbed his shirt off the floor and slid it on. It was different without Dansby and Jessalyn, but some ways it was obviously better than others.

She made her way down the hall and instantly was hit with a scent. Now she knew what he was up to. Once to the kitchen, she took a moment to stop and admire him without his knowing. He was so content and focused. With a smile, she moved to wrap her arms around him from behind and rest her head against his back, "You left us."

A grin appeared on his face, but his focused remained, "Buenos días preciosa. Did you sleep well?"

Bristol's heart fluttered at his use of Spanish at random times. He knew it too, "Mhmm, how about yourself?"

"Like you even have to ask?" He moved one arm to side around her waist and pull her into his side. He took his focus off cooking and kissed the top of her head, "Te amo cariño."

"I love you more. And your pancakes-" She grinned. He always liked to make her pancakes. She wasn't sure why, but she wouldn't complain, "Actually, the pancakes are looking better than our love right now- I'm so hungry."

"Hey now," He laughed softly, "I'm going to burn yours if you keep it up."

"Don't blame me, blame your son."

Ender's hand moved around her to gently rest on the side of her stomach, "He's our son and he's perfect so."

"That he is," Her arms wrapped around him, "Just like his daddy, right?"

"I'm far from perfect, but if you say so," He kissed her sweetly and smiled at her, "Breakfast is ready."

The couple laughed and shared small talk and once they had finished, moved over to the couch. She snuggled against him with a heavy sigh, "Thank you for breakfast-"

He sleepily replied, "Of course. Anything to spoil you-"

"That I am," She grinned, "It's kind of quiet without them, you know. I mean it's nice, but.."

"I miss them too, but I can't do this when they're here-" He lifted her face and kissed her sweetly before seeming a bit more aggressive with the kiss.

She didn't mind it though, she pulled him closer and groaned when she heard his phone ring, "Better not be Dansby," Bristol muttered.