Chapter 29

Dansby couldn't wrap his mind around the fact that she was his wife. His lips moved from her neck and back to her lips. His eyes held her gaze as he kissed her slowly. His hands rested on her neck and he slowly massaged the skin beneath her ears, "I love you so much. Just relax, okay?"

"I am," She mumbled and allowed her eyes to slip closed. His kisses trailed down her shoulder and his scruff gently tickled her skin, "Stop teasing me, Dansby. We've had enough of that. I'm your wife now." She found his lips and slid back on the bed, bringing him along with her. Her hands were shaky, but she couldn't stop herself from moving her hands beneath his shirt. She gently pulled it upward and trailed her nails across his skin. The way he shifted against her told her he was having the reaction she'd hoped.

"Don't have to tell me twice.." He lifted her a bit and found the zipper on her dress. He was carelessly working on unzipping it. A hint of nervousness crept over him but he fought it back. This was Jessalyn, the girl he'd grown up with. He would have been lying if he had said he hadn't thought about this moment since he was a teenager, though, and that in itself, was enough pressure.

"You relax," She smirked a bit, her lips moving across his jaw before pulling back too quickly remove his shirt. She carelessly tossed it aside and admired him. His arms were propping him up and she moved her fingers across his skin. It wasn't like she wasn't attracted to him before, but it was different now. He was actually hers. She could comfortably without temptation have the thoughts that were rushing through her mind, "I'm glad you don't round the bases this slow during the games--"

He laughed softly, licking his lips as she wiggled a bit as she tried to slide out of her dress. He wanted to help her, but he'd allowed his nerves to finally take over. All he could do was anticipate each new piece of skin she revealed to him.

"James Dansby Swanson, you either help me, or you wait until tomorrow night-" She glared at him. He stared back at her in a state of disbelief, "YOU HEARD ME!"

He nervously chewed on his bottom lip and took a deep breath. His hands moved down her waist and finally found the end of her dress once more. The back of his hand involuntarily brushed her inner thigh, causing her to shiver. That action seemed to give him a boost of confidence as he finally lifted the dress off her.

Her arms went completely around him and she pulled him down against her. Jessalyn could hardly breathe as she felt his hands slowly exploring her bare skin. Part of her wanted him to move faster, but the other part knew they not only had all night but forever, "Dansby-" She whispered, her hands in his hair as their lips found each others once more.

"Hmm?" He mumbled against her, not ready to break the kiss. Dansby's hand met her's and he interlocked fingers with her for a moment, as his other hadn moved to rest against her cheek. He wanted to take his time and remember every inch of her.

"Can you please-" She groaned, moving against him, "Do something."

Jessalyn's pleas weren't going unheard by Dansby, but his mind couldn't seem to catch up with his body. He just wanted to do it right and make her feel how she deserved. His eyes scanned her body, which was still more covered than he'd like. When he finally found her face again, she had a smirk and it caused him to shiver a bit, "Jessalyn-"

She moved her hands up and intertwined them in his hair and pulled him down closer, "Am I going to have to do all the work myself or?"

"Wow," He breathed, his eyes glanced back down between them. Dansby's lips found her neck again and his hands slowly moved over her bare skin. He was savoring every second and it was clearly not what Jessalyn wanted.