Chapter 24

Bristol and Ender hadn't been wrong at all. Nine days had gone by so quickly that Jessalyn couldn't even remember blinking. Technically, it had only been eight days, but it was past midnight so she could consider it nine. She stared into the mirror of the vanity in her room. A deep breath escaped her as she brushed her hair, "It's my wedding day," She whispered, "I'm getting married... TODAY."

Just as she'd finished her sentence, her phone rang signaling a facetime call, when she saw it was Dansby, she was excited to answer.

Bristol burst into the room and exclaimed, "It's YOUR wedding day, best friend, DROP THAT PHONE," She quickly wrapped her arms around Jessalyn and pulled the phone from her grasp, "Are you trying to jinx this wedding? Because that's how you jinx this wedding," She promptly answered the call, "Yo, Dans- NOT HAPPENING," She grinned when she saw it was Ender, "Oh, hi stranger...."

"Hola, mi chica," Ender grinned, "You're not who I was hoping to see!"

"REALLY now? You got something you want to tell me? Face timing by best friend on her wedding MORNING- using her future husband's phone. I see how it is."

Ender laughed and shook his head, "I was just going to tell her that the groom and I are safe and sound in the hotel. And my phone is dead."

Bristol glanced to Jessalyn who gave her a thumbs up, letting her know she'd heard him. The boys had stayed at a hotel to give the girls some privacy on the wedding morning, "She's got you, loud and clear. We'll see you in the morning, love you. Adiós."

"Buenas noches-" He winked at her, "Love you, too."

Jessalyn sighed and shook her head as the call was disconnected, "Okay, but I really wanted to talk to Dansby. It doesn't matter if it's already the eleventh. I think you're just a little more excited than me."

"No way. No jinx for my best friends and their beautiful wedding," She smiled at her in the mirror, "Pre-wedding looks good on you and-" She smirked a bit as she pulled out a very nice gift bag. Bristol sat it on Jessalyn's lap and pointed, "That's for um... a special occasion. That will happen tonight. In... less than twenty-four hours.."

"Oh wow," The realization that she would be a married woman in mere hours hit Jessalyn like a ton of bricks. She would be someone's wife. And not just any someone, but Dansby's, "You didn't have to... get me another gift."

Bristol folded her arms across her chest and held the smug grin on her face, "YES, I did. Go on, open it."

Jessalyn toyed with the paper in the bag and shook a little from the flutter of the nerves that had crept upon her. She felt a tear slip down her cheek, but ignored it, and hoped Bristol would too, "So, where are the boys again? Do you know?"

"Just at a hotel," She smiled, "Probably thinking about us and wishing we were there."

"I'm sure-- They're still in town, though?" Jessalyn softly questioned, "I mean, I'd hate for them to be too far away in the morning and miss the start of the wedding."

"They're about four miles away," Bristol laughed, "Hey, I'm sleeping without my fiance' and baby daddy- you can go without a goodnight kiss."

"Are you downplaying my relationship? You're saying my kisses aren't as important as your... midnight 'snuggle' fest."

"It's not the snuggling I miss," Bristol shrugged and sat down on the edge of Jess' bed, "I mean that's nice too but..."