Chapter 11

A few hours had passed and the guys had gone to get take out. Jess had explained to Dansby that it was important to her that they go celebrate, but she didn't want to leave Bristol with her being so sick. Dansby honestly didn't either. Jess had taken the opportunity to run to the nearest grocery store and buy what she needed. She was careful to not be seen and used the self-check out. Once she was back to the house, she woke the sleeping Bristol.

"Hmm?" She ran a tired hand through her messy curls and sat up with a yawn. Through her sleepy gaze, she could see what her best friend was holding, "Now? Really?"

"Yes, NOW, really. The guys will be back any minute. You've got to get in there and take this-"

"You bought four boxes?" She was being pulled to her feet as one of the boxes was shoved into her hand, "Jessalyn.."

"Get in there. The sooner you take it the sooner you'll know-"

"Jess," Bristol felt tears stinging her eyes, "What if I am- I know I said I couldn't be but... I mean--"

"Then we'll have a baby," Jess smiled and put her hand on Bristol's shoulder, "And Ender will be a great dad-"

"I can't--" She took a few deep breaths, "I can't be preg-- I can't... have a baby. He just told me he loved me. He isn't ready for kids just because he likes them!"

"He's not going to leave you-" She ushered her into the bathroom and pulled the door shut, "Take the test, Bristol."

Bristol's bottom lip shook as she started to cry a little harder. She glanced up in the mirror then quickly glanced away. She didn't want to see herself, in fact, she was disgusted with her reflection. So many times she had done things she'd regretted with guys she couldn't stand. Never once had she had a scare like this. She should be thankful she actually loved him and that he returned it. But instead, she feared the worst. They'd only been together for a few months and even though he'd said he wanted kids- there was a chance he wasn't ready for them. Getting rid of a baby wasn't an option either, "Oh God," She gasped as she felt sicker than she could remember. She opened the box and knew, what was done was done, she had to find out. About a minute passed and she hurried out of the bathroom. She kept her hand over her mouth, not only from the shock she was feeling but from nausea too, "It says five minutes. I can't look, Jess."

"Okay," She whispered, pulling her into a hug, "It's going to be okay, Bris. Regardless, alright?"

Tears slipped down her cheek and when Jess pulled away she grabbed her left hand, "I can't believe you and Dansby are engaged. Oh my goodness, what is wrong with us-" She laughed softly, "We've grown up."

"We have. Together," Jess smiled sweetly, "Don't tell Dansby this, but... you're really my BEST friend."

Bristol nodded with a small laugh, "Oh, Jessalyn, You're my best friend too. You're really getting married!"

She nodded with a huge grin, "I am. I'm getting married. To Dansby. I can't say that enough!" They shared a moment before the timer went off, "Want to come with me?"

"I can't," She paused, "I mean, I don't know. He's... he's going to hate me."

"He's not going to hate you, trust me-"

"Oh, why couldn't we just be like you and Dansby-"

Jess laughed but stifled it, "Yeah, somehow I can't see that happening." She started towards the closed door and took a deep breath before stepping inside.

"Wait-" Bristol closed her eyes and slowly stepped forward, "I have to come. I can't just... not. I have to know..."

A small smile was exchanged between the two and they walked in together, "You want to look or?"