Chapter 8

The rest of the day went well. Ender and Bristol did notice something slightly off about Dansby and Jess, but they chalked it up to a small argument they may have been having. Bristol had seen it before, they'd bicker and hide it from her then resolve it without her even being included. She didn't care though, she knew they'd be okay, and she was more than okay, "Ender-" She smiled and snuggled against him, "This is the best part of the day."

His arms were around her and he stroked her hair, "You know they're not going to let you sleep here, right?"

"Let them try and stop me," She leaned up and kissed him, "I'm not moving."

Ender smiled, "Okay, princesa."

Her eyes were heavy and she felt completely relaxed. Dansby and Jess had gone to get snacks, but she couldn't wait for them any longer, "You're so comfortable."

"I'm glad you think so," He kissed the top of her head and slid down further. He held her closer and closed his eyes as well, "Bristol?"

"Hmm?"

"You're my favorite."

She grinned and felt a flutter with his words, "You're my favorite too, Ender."

Dansby and Jess took their time getting back. They still hadn't directly mentioned what had happened and if anything, they had been shyer since they'd left the beach, "I'm tired," Jess stated as she laid the snacks on the table.

"Looks like our sleeping arrangments have changed," Dansby motioned to where the other two were sound asleep.

"Oh.... no. No, no," Jess moved passed Dansby and leaned down and tapped Bristol, "Hey Bris--" She felt arms around her from behind and frowned, "What are you doing, Dansby?"

"Saving you from an argument. She's not going to move. I think their relationship is advanced a little bit passed sleeping in separate beds.."

"Okay-" She turned to face him and was extremely close. She held his gaze for a moment, before shaking her head and breaking away from him, "That may be true for her, but not for me. I can't-- I mean... with you--" She looked at the bed then back to him.

"Oh come on, Jess," He shrugged, "I'll sleep on top of the covers, you can sleep under. We don't have to do that-" Dansby pointed to where the other two were all mingled under the covers, "I wouldn't ever--- make you feel uncomfortable. Hey, I'll even sleep on the floor."

"No. No, you're not sleeping on the floor," Jess sighed and ran her hand through her hair, "Okay, fine. I'll sleep under and you sleep over. And away."

"Deal," He started to hug her but she moved away, so he didn't press it. They got into bed and his eyes landed on where she laid on her back and looked extremely nervous, "You sure you're okay?"

"Mhmm," She nodded, "I'm okay," Her eyes landed on him and she questioned, "Are you okay?"

"Of course," He settled into his pillow, "Goodnight, Jessalyn."

"Night, Dansby."

About ten minutes had passed and Jess let out a long sigh. She turned to face him and frowned. It was too dark to see if he was asleep or not, "Dans..." She whispered. No answer, "Dans..." Still no answer, "Swanson--"