Chapter 31

Don't hate me. I love you all! 😘😘😘

After a long, relaxed flight, Dansby and Jessalyn had finally arrived at their destination. The two had slept pretty well on the ten-hour flight, so despite the fact that it was four in the morning when they arrived, neither seemed very tired. Or maybe, they were both just anxious after a long flight in such close proximity.

"This place is gorgeous-" Jess looked around the room, but was halted in her steps as Dansby's arms went around her and he kissed her as if he were on a mission. She fell into the kiss and wrapped her arms around his neck, but when he pushed her back onto the bed, she pulled away and laughed, "So, I can't look at the room---?"

"Does the room matter?" He tugged at her shirt and held his grin, but her hand wrapped around his wrist, which stopped his actions.

"Sort of-" She shrugged, "I mean, we're going to be spending most of our time here. Ender and Bristol should have known this was a waste of money. We could have stayed at the Marriott downtown Atlanta and had just as much fun-"

"That's true-" He tugged at her shirt again and stuck his lip out, "Come on, it was a long flight. Let me show you what I was thinking about..."

"So you want to go to sleep?" Jessalyn laughed as her fingers danced along his jaw, "Because that's what you were thinking about on the plane.."

"Trust me, it wasn't," His lips moved to her neck and he pushed against her again, "I'll stop."

Jessalyn was trying her best to carry on a tease, but it was the most difficult thing she'd ever done. A soft moan escaped her lips and she tilted her head slightly, "No, no- if you insist. I do need to call Bristol, though-"

"Really? At four in the morning?"

"It's not four there, it's like ten at night! You know they're worried-"

"They'll survive. I promise." He moved his hand to her shirt again and lifted it swiftly. Finally, she let him remove it.

"You know-" She caught his gaze when he'd gradually looked away from the rest of her, "You've gotten awfully good at this in a very short period of time."

"Yeah well," He traced his fingers along her skin before he allowed his hand to grasp her hip, "Loving you is easy-"

She raised an eyebrow and watched him intently, "Because I'm beautiful?"

"What? No..." He caught her gaze again, "Because you're you. You're Jessalyn. My Jessalyn-" He captured her lips in another sweet kiss.

"That I am," She giggled softly and returned the kiss, "And your Jessalyn," She pushed against him and smirked as he landed back on the bed, "has decided it's time for you to show her that love.... again."

"Oh," Dansby smiled, his hands down her back, "I think I can manage."

A few hours passed and the two had fallen asleep, wrapped up in each other. Jessalyn yawned tiredly and her eyes fell on the clock, "Ten-thirty?" Dansby's arm was draped around her and she couldn't hide the smile on her face. Her fingers traced his jaw and finally, her hand brushed through his hair. He stirred a little and her lips found his neck where she gently kissed him.