Chapter 23 - Secrets

The shadow walked closer to the balcony door. You were about to scream –

-- Until the figure's full face came into view.

You grabbed your knees in relief and groaned.

Yoongi knocked on the glass of the door, smiling. Heart pounding from adrenaline, you shuffled over and opened it for him.

"Sorry," he said, shrugging. "Did I scare you?"

He let himself in. You punched him in the shoulder as he passed.

"You jerk! Did you just scale the castle wall to scare me like that?"

He flopped on the bed, chuckling. "I didn't do it for that reason, but it was a definite bonus."

"Why are you here?"

"I'm bored." he said. "Jimin's gone, so there's no drama to watch. Hoseok's gone, so there's no drama to create."

"So what do you want me to do about it?"

He sat up and looked at you, his eyes sparkling. "Play with me."

You froze.

"Let's sneak out and go to the festival." he continued. "Don't you want to get out of the castle?"

If he only knew half the things that were going on...

"I don't think that's a good idea." 

"I didn't ask if it was a good idea. I asked if you wanted to do it."

You stared at him. He was serious. It wasn't like you didn't want to get out. You did. You'd been stuck in the castle for weeks, dealing with drama all over the place. A night out? Just having fun? That sounded great.

"I shouldn't." you said.

He stood up and walked over to you."Which is exactly why it'll be fun. Come on. It'll be our secret."

Secret?

You stood still at the word. Secrets seemed to be everyone's favorite past time at the castle. Everyone had one. Except you. You were jerked around from every side, constantly trying to keep up with everyone around you. Something about it made you feel... powerless.

A secret to hold as your own? That sounded good. That sounded like something you could control.

"You interested?" Yoongi asked. "A night off. No princess lessons. No formal titles. Just [Y/N] for the night."

It would probably be the only chance you got.

You looked at him. "I'll get my jacket."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"When you asked how I felt about riding in the trunk, I thought you were joking."

Yoongi held up the trunk door, smirking. "Afraid not. They're not just going to let me walk out with you, you know. You're under tight surveillance."

"I am? It didn't feel like it."

He shrugged with one shoulder. "I know my way around those things."

Was that a good thing...?

"Come on," he said, clapping. "Inside."

You couldn't believe you were doing this. But you had to admit – it was kind of exciting. Better than all those stupid princess lessons.

You climbed inside. Yoongi closed the trunk, and everything went dark.

"You all right?" he asked.