Chapter 42 - The Choice

Something about wearing a fancy dress made you feel like the most beautiful and powerful woman in the room.

Except there were over two hundred people in the room with you.

So maybe you had a little competition.

The party for your dad's arrival was triple the size of Jimin's party, with more people to meet and more finger foods to stuff in your face. The orchestra had already been going for an hour by the time someone asked you to dance.

"I believe with all the work I've put into you, I should be allowed the first dance."

You smiled and took Hoseok's hand.

"You want to be the first?" you teased.

"It's out of both pride and time restraints." he said, taking you into his arms and starting the waltz. "I have to leave early to pack."

"Pack?"

He nodded. "I'm leaving in the morning. I have a job for the next six months with a private academy."

You frowned. "But... will I see you again?"

"It'll be awhile. I can't really make visits. Just promise to miss me a little bit, yes?"

He gave that bright smile of his. You couldn't help but smile back.

"Done." you said.

Your next dance was with Namjoon. He pulled you into his arms, his fingers curling around your waist.

"Are you going sing again?" you asked.

He smirked. "I can if you'd like."

You patted him on the shoulder while shaking your head and let him lead you.

"I just want you to know, [Y/N], that whatever you decide, I'm happy that you came to us. You're so much more than I expected."

You blushed. "Ditto."

"May I?"

You looked over to see Jimin's extended hand.

"At least let me make up for the last dance I ruined." he said.

You grinned and nodded.

His warm arms wrapped around you. "Now, remember. You won't get perks like this when I become a married man."

There was still a hint of sadness in his eyes, despite his playful tone.

"Jimin... will you be all right?"

He laughed, pulling you in closer. "We're all going to be all right, [Y/N]. You'll see."

You should have known that wherever Jimin was, Jungkook was sure to follow.

He pulled you into his arms unannounced. You stepped on his foot.

"Ow!" he yelped.

"Sorry."

"You don't seem sorry."

"I'm not, really."

He laughed, pulling you back into his arms again. "Fair enough, princess. Fair enough."