Hoseok's Ending

The one who was leaving.

You ran out of the ballroom to Hoseok's room, banging on the door.

"Who is it?" he yelled from the other side.

You didn't wait for him to open it. You threw open the door and let yourself inside. He looked at you, stunned.

"Princess? What are you doing here?"

You ran up to him and wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling yourself tight against him. 

"Don't go." you said. "Please don't go."

His hands slid up your arms, trying to pull you back. "What's all this? Why shouldn't I go?"

You let go of his neck and looked at him. "I..."

He waited for your answer. It was stuck in your throat.

"You what?" he asked. "I need a good reason to not pay my bills, you know."

You looked at him. Before you knew what you were doing, you grabbed his face in your hands and pecked his lips. He looked at you, wide-eyed.

"[Y/N]..."

"Don't go." you said again.

He stared at you for a long moment, then shook his head. "Don't do this."

"Do what?"

"You know what this means, don't you? A royal that wants to –"

He couldn't finish his statement. You wrapped your arms around his neck again.

"I want to." you whispered.

He leaned forward, looking at your lips and then back up to your eyes. His hands grazed your arms. You held your breath, waiting for him to come in closer.

He leaned in.

In the last moment, he pulled away.

"Why?" he asked. "What could possibly make you want me, of all people?"

You removed a hand from his neck and brushed his hair out of his eyes. He really was handsome. You wanted to stay wrapped in his arms forever.

"You've shown me your heart. Little pieces of it. I want more of it, Hoseok. It's your own fault that I'm addicted to you."

His hand reached up for yours. He plucked it from his face, rubbing your palm with his thumb. He hesitated. His other hand crawled from your hip to your back, holding you firm. It was almost like the way he held you the night he had gotten drunk and danced with you. This time, however, there was a whole different type of tension.

"[Y/N]..." he said in a low voice. "Take it back. Now. Take it back and we can forget this ever happened."

Your chest tightened. "But I don't want to forget. Do you?"

His eyes searched yours, his breath still shallow and uneven. "If you don't..."

"I won't."

He paused. "Then this is your fault."

His lips crashed onto yours, his hands tightening around your hand and waist. He didn't waste any time being shy. His kisses were slow, but rough. His fingers forced their way between yours as he clasped your hand to his chest, holding all of you against him tight as he continued to kiss you. It was like he had been holding back ever since he met you.

His lips broke away from yours abruptly and he exhaled. You tried to catch your breath.

"Sorry," he said. "I guess you're not the only one who's addicted."

You tried to collect your thoughts. You didn't expect him to kiss you like that. Or at all.

"All this time," you said. "You never acted like you liked me."

"I couldn't." he said. "I couldn't fall for a student again. I couldn't survive the pain of it; the damage it would do to my reputation and my pride if it was all in vain. But every day I spent with you... it became harder not to fall for you."

His fingers ran through your hair. You closed your eyes, enjoying the feeling of it.

"You would really give up your throne for me?" he asked.

You nodded. "I would give up anything for you. You're the one I want to be with, Hoseok. What do you want?"

There was a long, breathless pause as he stared at you. Those large, soft eyes were so intoxicating.

He grabbed your left hand and held it close to his face. "I want to be the man who puts a ring on this finger."

With that, he kissed the ring finger on your left hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night you announced that you would not be taking the throne. Everyone was shocked, of course, not knowing why you would give up such a wonderful opportunity. You continued saying that you felt more adjusted to civilian life, and that your people would be best left in the care of someone else. Your father wasn't particularly happy about your decision, but when he saw the way you and Hoseok stayed in each other's arms for the entire night, he caught on. He wanted to be mad about it, but he couldn't, seeing as how happy you two were together.

You forgave Jin, and the bad blood between you dissolved. Eventually, he met a royal woman that intrigued him. Thanks to you, he was more willing to open his heart up. They were married, and she showered him with love and affection on the daily basis.

Namjoon finally realized how much he loved his girl, and he went after her like you had told him to. He renounced his station and married her, enjoying a romantic civilian life. Jin invited both of them to the castle often as guests.

Jimin and Nara married. At first, they had a rocky relationship that Jungkook constantly butted into. Jimin became competitive at Jungkook trying to take his wife, and eventually couldn't stand the thought of her with anyone else. He treated her better from then on, and they eventually fell in love completely.

While trying to sabotage Jimin, Jungkook met Nara's cousin, who kept running interference for Jimin and Nara. In the beginning, Jungkook was constantly trying to outwit her, but she outsmarted him every time. Eventually he got so determined to beat her that he got obsessive about her. After some time, that obsession turned into romantic feelings, and he ended up marrying her.

Taehyung continued to be an assistant to Jin, Jungkook, and Namjoon, and your very dear friend. He stayed in touch with you as you and Hoseok traveled the world. It wasn't long before he met a cook in the castle and married her. 

Hoseok still took the job – after all, he had made a commitment – but you were able to pack up your things and stay with him for those six months. During this time, the demanding, formidable Hoseok disappeared, and a loud and crazy Hobi took his place. You liked this side of him – his happiness made you happy. He was still a pain in the neck when it came to dancing, but you could see it now as his passion, and you loved watching him work. As long as he wasn't giving you a hard time, that is.

Yoongi eventually came back to work for Hoseok. After discussing everything that happened, you forgave him. You became close friends, and often ganged up on Hoseok to torture him. Yoongi didn't marry, but he did put Jimin to shame on the number of women he wooed in every city he visited.

Younever regretted giving up the throne for Hoseok. He was wild, funny, andpassionate, which made each day a wonderful experience. You spent your daystraveling the world and living life to the fullest, never tiring of eachother's company. You had made the right decision. Hoseok was better than anycrown.