Chapter 37 - Miss Me

A/N: There's not a main for this chapter, but Namjoon is just too cute. 

Remember to keep viewing and voting to get more deleted scenes! I'll do another deleted scene at 100 votes!

------------------------------------

At the sound of your father's arrival, every worker in the castle came out of hiding. Florists brought in vibrant flowers, chefs experimented with new dishes, tailors fitted anyone they could get their hands on. It was a whirlwind of faces you had never seen before.

You squealed with delight when you ran into one you knew.

"Nara!"

You wrapped your arms around her in a friendly hug.

"I couldn't leave you to your first ball without my help!" she said, giggling. "I hope you don't mind."

"Mind? Why would I mind?"

She shyly pressed her lips together.

"Oh," you said, realizing what she was talking about. "That. Nevermind all that. I'm just glad you're here. It's horrible being the only girl around here."

"We'll have to stick together then! All right, so I have an incredibly important question for you -- What are you going to wear?"

Nara and you went to your room, looking through your closet. There was one dress that caught your eye – a black and champagne pink halter dress, with a lace bodice and a ruffled satin high-low skirt. Nara picked out a pair of black shoes and pearl earrings to go with it.

"Are you nervous?" she asked.

You nodded. "The whole thing is stressing me out. There will be people I don't know, and all the people I do know. Not to mention the decisions I have to make."

"Like what?"

You told Nara about your situation with your father. After all, if everyone else knew about the betrothal, there was a good chance Nara did too.

She nodded when you were finished. "Those aren't easy choices. But let's say you could choose anything you wanted – what would you do?"

You sat in silence for a moment, trying to decide. Did you want to be a princess or did you want to be a college graduate again? Did you want to marry Jin? Or did you want to marry someone else...?

A beautiful wedding flashed across your thoughts for a moment. You could almost see the groom's face... 

You shook it out of your head.

After talking with Nara, you went over to the gardens where Jimin was conducting a crew setting up for your father's arrival. Hoseok and Namjoon were keeping him company.

"Princess!" Jimin said as you arrived. "Are you ready for your grand engagement?"

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"Everyone will want to dance with you, you know." Jimin said. "Be prepared."

Hoseok scoffed. "I think everyone who wants to dance with her should be prepared. She's hardly the best partner."

You thought about the night he was drunk.

"That's not what you said the other night." you said.

Jimin and Namjoon exchanged a glance. Hoseok jumped up and covered your mouth with his hand.

"That's not what I – What are you – Ugh, forget it! No one get any ideas!"

He walked off. You smiled. At least now you knew he remembered that night.

Namjoon approached you next. "Have you thought about your decision?"

"I still am." you replied. "It's not an easy decision."

You sighed, looking out onto the decorations. "This is all real, isn't it?"

Namjoon laughed through his nose. "You're just realizing that?"

"No. I'm just accepting it." you said. "I think I need to go for a walk. I'll talk to you soon."

You left to walk around the gardens. You spent hours pacing, walking, and sitting on one of the benches in the vineyard. All your thoughts rattled in your head until it got dark.

Realizing the time, you got up and made your way back to the castle.

Before you got there, hands wrapped around both your arms and yanked you back, and a foot kicked the back of your leg, bringing you down to the ground.

A voice came up to your ear from behind.

"Miss me?"