Chapter 27 - Play Day

Taehyung was taking the weekend off. It would be weird not having him nearby to distract you.

"Are you sure you want me to go?" he asked. "You've been having a rough week. I don't want to --"

You cut him off. "It's your parents' anniversary and you haven't seen them in over a year. Go. I'll be fine. You know I can take care of myself."

You tried to smile so he wouldn't worry. It didn't work.

"Have you been to the East wing yet?" he asked.

You shook your head. "Why?"

"There's an arcade in that wing. Go have fun, yeah? You've been hiding in your room for days."

You looked at the floor. It had been a week since you and Yoongi were at the festival. Jin had put up extra tight security, making it stressful to leave your room. Guards constantly followed you everywhere. It was easier just to lock yourself up.

You hadn't even heard from Yoongi since then. You hoped he wasn't in trouble with Jin for sneaking you out. Also... you missed him.

After so many days in your room, restlessness took over. You wandered out, heading towards the East Wing. Maybe a couple shooter games would make you feel a bit better.

The problem was, there were a lot of doors in the East Wing. Taehyung had said it was the gold and wooden door on the right of the hall, but there was more than one of those. After a few minutes of wandering, you chose a random door.

You stepped inside. It wasn't a game room. It was a bedroom.

And someone was standing in it... half naked.

You stared.

Hoseok turned to look at you. He stopped dressing himself, letting you get a good look at his bare torso. Dang, he had a good body. Abs and everything. Where had he been hiding all this?

"You like what you see?" he asked, spreading his arms out to give you a better look.

You blinked and turned your eyes away. "Uhh... y-you're back?"

Stupid. Leave the room. What are you doing?

He walked over to you, his shirt in his hand. "I'm back. I'm not sure why you're in my room though."

"Taehyung said there was a g-game room." you said. You looked back at him, unable to keep your from wandering down to his chest. Man. It was so hard not to stare.

He leaned into you. You could smell a hint of lemon on his breath. He smirked.

"What do you want to play?" he whispered.

"I-i-i-i-i gotta go now." you stuttered. "See ya."

Hoseok threw the shirt over his head to put it on, then grabbed your arm. He started to drag you down the hallway.

"Where are we going?" you asked.

He didn't say anything, but took you to a pair of large double doors. He opened one of them, and let go of your arm.

"This is the game room." he said.

You opened your mouth to say something, but nothing came out.

He burst into laughter. It was the first time you had heard him genuinely laugh. Most of the time he only laughed in a mocking way. He was probably making fun of you now too, but this laugh was different. This was so pure and gentle. For a moment, he was a totally different person.