1

Kristys POV

The aptitude test is just like my mother told me It would be. I am back in the waiting room, which was in the school I attended. But there are no chairs or people, just one table with a knife and cheese.
I had asked my mother about the aptitude test countless times.Unlike Abnegation , my family was allowed to talk about whatever we please.

"Pick one," I jump when I hear a voice behind me. I cautiously walk to the table and look at the two. I try picking up both but my hand touches the knife first and the cheese disappears.
"Great," I huff. I turn the knife over in my hands. it was a simple blade with a simple handle.
I hear the door behind me open and I whip around. There, by the door is a large dog, or maybe a small wolf. It barred its teeth and growled at me. I automatically take a protective stance with the knife slightly outstretched. The wolf starts to circle me, I move with the dog and keep my eyes on his. I feel like i am being punched in the stomach as I realize the black and cold eyes remind me of I someone I know.
The dog and I lurch at the same time and it pins me down. I am not big, but not small either. I sink my teeth into his chest and the dog retreats a little, whimpering in pain. I gag, the metallic taste of blood fills my mouth, along with the putrid taste of rotting flesh.
I scramble to my feet. The dog looks at me, his eyes darker than before. He charges at me. I have to think quickly. The knife! I look around. I must have dropped it when the dog pinned me. I see the blade behind him. I start running towards him and he continues charging. As he jumps at the last second I slide under him, twisting to face him as soon as I feel the knife in my hands.
I flick my hair out of my eyes as he looks around for me. I whistle loud and quick. he whirls around.
He runs, again, at me. as I predicted he jumped and I had my hands outstretched. One hand held the knife and my skin met the dogs fur as it sunk into its belly. The other hand wrapped around the neck of the dog and slammed it down. I withdrew my knife from the belly and stabbed it once more, in the neck. The dog whimpered and became unconscious. I then place the knife to the side and took the wolfs head in my hand an jerked it to the side, causing a sick snapping sound to ring in my ears.

I stare at the dog. I blink and shake my head. What? In front of me does not lay a wolf but a medium sized dog, maybe a Labrador..? I stand up and take the knife again...

"Wow, impressive," the young man nods in approval as he disables all the wires that were attached to me and him.
"So..?"
"Your aptitude test results are dauntless. congrats," he says light heartedly.
"Now what?" I say, annoyed at the young man for being so vague.
"You go home and prepare for the choosing ceremony," he leaves with out glancing at me again.
I get up and let out a sigh of relief. I finally get to leave. I'm gonna be free.

I now sit at the choosing ceremony with Lillian on one side of me and another Candor boy on the other side. I had hugged my mom last night but that was it. I had nobody else to say goodbye to. Nobody else loved me.

I watch Lilian saunter up the stage take the blade from our representatives hand (which happened to be my father) and slice her hand. with a wicked grin on her face she thrusts her had over the Candor bowl, letting her bloods drip over the glass.
I scrunch my nose remembering the taste of the wolfs blood and rotten flesh... I feel the boy next to me, I think his name is Jake, nudge me with his elbow. I look up and people around me are staring at me. They had called my name and I didn't hear it. I quickly stand up and walk to my father, a slight scowl on his face, and take the blade. It reminded me if the one I took only three days ago during the aptitude test. I stand in the middle of the five bowls my back facing the people in the crowd. I look at every bowl. The smooth gray stones stained with red- Abnegation, the blue water that had a slightly reddish tint-Erudite, the glass with red drops on the surface-Candor, the reddish brown earth- Amity, and lastly the black, sizzling coals that stood for dauntless, you could not see the blood. I slice my hand without flinching and put my hand over the coals. They sizzle even more when my blood drips onto them and I look out into the crowd. The Candor do not look happy, but who is when someone transfers? I see my mom who has a smug smile on her face. I look at Lilian who scowls at me. Lastly I glance at my father who's eyes are narrowed into slits. I rock back on my heals and wipe my hand that was dripping blood on my white sweater, leaving a bright red smear across the blouse. This action causes the Dauntless to whoop and holler as I walk down the stairs to join my new family.
-----
Hope you guys like it! I'm really excited to we
Wright this onei
*Voted

*follow

*comment

-Kara