4

He takes my hand and gives me a reassuring smiles as he notices my hesitance. I finally give in and follow him, I soon realize he is leading me to the pit. He, to my confusion, leads me past that and up the path to the building above. Once we get to the ground level of the building he leads me to the elevator and pushes the button for the top floor. We wait in silence, the only noises are our steady breathing and the creaking of the elevators.

"This way," he whispers leading me to the far side of the building. He jumps on top of the ledge and my eyes pop at his carelessness. This was at least a twenty story building and he was balancing on the edge. He finally plops down, his feet dangling over the edge, he reaches his hand out for me to join him.
"I dunno," I say uncertainly glancing over the edge.
"Common, I won't let you fall," he says his hand still waiting for mine. I take his hand but don't move.
"You won't let me go,will you?" I ask taking a step forward.
"Never," he smiles pulling me to him. I sit on the ledge and then swing my legs over. After looking down and my stomach dropping I look up and gasp.
"Wow," I breath, taking in the beautiful sunset. It was dusk, the sun just went down but you could see the silhouettes of the city.
"I know" he said gripping my hand tighter.
"I never knew the city looked like this," I whisper still amazed at the beauty.

From this height you could see all five factions. The dim lights of the Erudite, Who knows what they're doing at this hour. The far off farms of the Amity. The gray, box houses of the abnegation. You could only see the silhouette of the Candor headquarters. And lastly, The train that ran overhead at the entrance of Dauntless headquarters.

"How did you find this place?" I question looking up at him.

"I found it during my initiation," he says still looking out at the city. For a moment I wonder what the younger Eric was like. Was he the same? Or was he just as shut off? he never talks to anybody much, only speaks when spoken. it makes me curious about his past, was he like me? a messed up family and the longing to be free?

"Tell me about yourself," I demand, not being able to stop the words before they come out of my mouth.

"What do you wanna know?"

"Were you Dauntless born? what made you want to become dauntless? Who are the people you love most? oh and can forget about what's your favourite color," i add on the last part to lighten my previous questions up a bit.

"No, aptitude test, no one, and green," he says nodding his head as he checks of each question.

"What faction did you grow up in then?" I ask.

"Erudite, I hated it there, everybody were smart asses," he scoffs.

"Tell me about it, in candor everybody are just beyond annoying dicks 24/7" I laugh. It was quiet for a moment.

"No one?" I glance up at him and he looks down at me with a slightly pained smile.
"I haven't loved anybody the way you would expect, I mean my family was ok but I never belonged with them. They were smart I was... well, me. I didn't want to spend my life trying to be smarter than everybody else."
"So, no girl then?" as soon as the words come out of my mouth I regret them. why would I ask that? it probably seems that I like him. Wait, do i? he is extremely attractive. He has soft lips that are pink. I lean towards him slightly.
"No, I'm still waiting for the one, I guess," he lets out an uneasy breath as he leans forward too.
"Oh?" I raise my eyebrow.
"Yeah," he whispers and goosebumps raise on my skin.
"So what does 'the one' look like to you," I ask staring at his lips.
"I would," he starts and takes a deep breath,"i would say a hell of a lot like you," he says then swoops in.
His lips connect with mine and they move in sync. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull gently on his hair. I feel one of his hands press on the small of my back, bringing me closer to him. I gently take his bottom lip in between my teeth and pull gaining a small groan from Eric. Eventually our kiss breaks and we both sit, looking into each others eyes, catching our breath.
"What now?" I ask as the sun dies letting the moon shine through the clouds.
"I'd say that we get you through this initiation,"
"Sounds like a plan," I smile.

Sorry guys I know I write super short chapters but I don't have a computer and I have to write it on my phone so it takes forever. I hope this update works. Sorry for all the mix ups.