6

I look around, stunned. I was back at my house in candor. I am on my stomach just inside the doorway of my room, looking out. I see Lillian in the exact same position outside the doorway, in the hallway.

"What the hell?" I try scrambling away from her but my body won't move. Can't move. Lillian laughs. it's hard and cruel... just like her heart.

"What's going on?" I ask still struggling to move but can't. It's like my mind and body aren't connected anymore.

"Your in a simulation, dumb ass." She scowls and I glare at her.

"What am u doing here?"

"Here?" she laughs, I nod.

"You aren't here, your in dauntless now, thank god. I don't think I could handle lying anymore," her smile is the same as he laugh, hard and cruel.

"What do you mean?" I ask cautiously.

"I mean, once you left it didn't matter if everyone knew the truth," she giggles and kicks her legs behind her head, back and forth.

"What truth?" My head is spinning and I see stars.

"That you," she points a long finger at me, but never crosses the threshold of my bedroom. "Are a lying," her smile grows."vindictive, bitchy, little whore who threw herself upon anyone... even our father" she says in mock disgust.

"Why?" I start to cry, I can't let myself remember those memories. I can't. I moved to dauntless so I didn't have to remember.

"Are you crying?!" she says mockingly.

"Why would you say that if you know that's not the truth? you choose candor. You aren't supposed to lie!"i sob. I still can't get up.

"Because I don't know the truth. How am I supposed to know what's a lie and what's truth?" she says with a wicked grin. I sob again.

"You should probably stop crying,"

"Why?" I sniffle, trying to suppress the memories of my awful life in candor.

"Because I may just have to go get dad to punish you," she gets up to lean on her forearms. "You choose dauntless, remember?" she says sitting crisscross. I notice I am now sat the same way she is. "If he hears you're being a coward then..." she shakes her head as she trails off. I shake my head, this can't be happening. She gets up and runs away.

Without getting up I find myself curled up in a ball on my bed. My father is hovering over me.
"I hear you were being a coward?" he asks stepping closer. I back up. "You choose dauntless then you dare to be a coward?" His voice grows louder. I cower with my hands covering my head.
"I'm sorry," I cry as he lifts me up towards him and throws me back toward the bed. He grabs my hair and pulls me close to his face, I can smell the reeking alcohol come from his mouth and clothes. I whisper as he roughly grabs my hair and brings me even closer. I shiver as leans in and whispers, "it's time you get punished".....

I jolt up. I am back in the room and Eric stares at me, wide eyed.

"What happened?" I ask.

"I...I stopped the simulation. I- I couldn't watch that," he shakes his head and looks down.

"Oh," I sigh and catch my breath. 'It wasn't real' I tell myself again. "how'd i do?" I ask.

"Uh, good. You finished in 15 minutes. Which is about average," he shuffles around doing mindless things like wipe the counter and place wires back where they belong.

"Eric?"

"Yeah?" He turns around but doesn't look at me.

"Look at me," I walk over to him and place one hand around his back and one to grab his face, so he will look at me. His eyes are pained.

"I-just- I don't- ugh!" he stumbles over his words and I suppress a laugh. He glances at me, wary.

"It's ok. it's my past. If you don't like me anymore, that's ok. I will define you be ok, because that's happened before and I'll be able to take it," I'm the one that's looking away this time. He grabs my chin and points it upward when I still look away he grabs the back of my thighs and wraps my legs around his waist. His fingers rub small circles on my thighs as he crashes his lips against mine.

We kiss for a while, it's hurried but still passionate. I tug at his hair and he lifts me up on the counter to free his hands. His hands rub up and down my hips and finally he brings them up to cup my cheek.

We pull away when we hear a knock at the door. I blush as four comes in and looks between us. Erica hair is pulled out in all directions and I look downwind bite my lip.

"How'd she do?" Four asks

"Good, 15 minutes," Eric says trying to flatten his hair

"That's average," Four won't stop looking at Eric.

"Great! Now that we've established that I'm average, can I go?" I look around nervously and head out of the room.

Eric's POV
"What do you want?" I ask Four because he hasn't left the room yet and I'm slightly uncomfortable.

"Are you and her a thing?" four points to the door that Kay just stepped out of.

"Hell no!" my heart hurts for saying those words but I can't tell four cause he will tell everybody. "She's just anther initiate."

"Good. I need to talk to you about something," he says hesitantly.

"What?"

"The elders are needing a new leader.."

"So you came here to gloat? beating me out for first in initiation wasn't good enough for you?"

"No. yes they did ask me but I don't want to. They told me to pick someone,"

"And?...."

"And I pick you,".

"What?"

"I pick you. you will start training right away,"

"What about the new initiates?"

"You'll still be responsible for the transfers, don't worry,"

"Ok," he turns to leave. "wait!" he turns around. "Thank you,"

"Yeah," he nods and leaves.

-----
I got done early so to thank you for 600 reads I'll do an early update. And to apologize for the last short chapter and to apologize for all the mixups earlier. Thank you!!
Also please check out my one direction fanfiction 'confessions' it would mean a lot.

*comment

*vote

*follow

-Kara