23

ERICS POV

Kill me now. Here we go again. Another set of initiates. The helpless little pussys that have no idea what it means to be dauntless.

I watch them jump off the train one by one, some quicker than others. I stay seated on the ledge of the building. I close my eyes and wait.

I hear grunts and soft murmurs of pain and then I hear wailing. I snap my head up to the sound and see one of us(a dauntless born)Rita, standing at the edge of the roof staring at the pavement below her-screaming. There is a boy holding her from falling.

"Rita, Rita calm down. Rita-" he keeps on pointlessly telling her to calm down.

I don't have to walk I closer to know someone, most likely Rita's friend, is down on the pavement, dead.

Good, in glad that happened because there is one thing everyone here should know, no one is safe, not even the dauntless.

"Ooh. Scandalous! A Stiff's flashing some skin!" I hear a boy jeer and laughter follow. So this is how it's gonna be.

"Listen up!" I shout, demanding silence "My name is Eric, I'm one of the leaders of your new faction!" I continue, walking on the ledge.

"Several stories below us is the members entrance to our compound. If you can't muster the will to jump off, you don't belong here. Out initiates have the... privilege of going first."

"You want us to off a ledge?" A slightly tall Erudite girl with mousy brown hair and big lip asks with her mouth hanging open like an idiot...oh wait.

"Yes," I reply with and amused smirk at her shock.

"Is there water at the bottom or something?" another idiot asks.

"Who knows?" I raise my eyebrows, I'm sick of these questions.

The crowd splits up making a path, and nobody seems interested. Great I get to pick.

Right as I'm about to call on the idiot Erudite, the stiff steps up. I do a double take and swiftly move out of her way.

For just a moment, she looked like... her.

______

Ok if you haven't noticed now I'm basically just doing Divergent in Erics POV so it's gonna be lot if repeating things from the book. Thank you so much for 20+k reads!!!!