10

Kay's POV
I sit on the chair in Eric's room. I asked where his room was and, surprisingly, it was unlocked. I've been sat here for almost two hours...where could he be? he must be at some important leader meeting. Yes, that must be it.

I lay down on the couch at press my eyes shut, rubbing them with my hands. As soon as I see stars I imagine I'm outside. I haven't been outside in more than a week. I missed the breeze.

I sigh as I look over the chair to look at the door. I get that they have to have a meeting. it's not everyday that the dauntless' leader kills themselves.

"Hello?" I call when the door opens.

"Kay?" I heard a confused Eric call.

"Hey, what happened back there?" I ask getting up to be beside him.

"Um, I don't know," he says bewildered

"So what happened to Amber? I ask leading him to the couch.

"She killed herself, I guess?" He rubs the back if his neck uncomfortably.

"There wasn't any more to it?" I had heard some girls talking about this conspiracy theory that the dauntless killed people, just for fun. I doubt that's true.

"No, we just were deciding who the knew leader is going to be," he shrugs, taking my hand in his

"Why do you seem so chill about this?" I ask incredulous.

"Listen, Kay, this has happened before. sometimes dauntless isn't the way for everyone. They are sending in someone knew, that's what max told me at least,"

"So nothing else happend?"

"No? why?" he asks confused. There was something off, I don't know what, but something is off.

"I don't know," I shrug ," so when do you want to keep practicing?" I try to cane the subject.

"Oh, I almost forgot! max said they are postponing the initiates final landscape for a week or two while they get the new leader set up and show them the ropes."

"That's great! we can practice even more!"

"Yeah, I have a really good feeling about this, Kay," and with that We stare at each other for a moment.

"Kay, can I kiss you?" he asks. I laugh.

"You've done it before, what's stopping you now?" before he answers I crash my lips to his.

To my disappointment, he pulls away and sighs.

"What?" I ask tilt my head looking at him.

"I have to go," he hesitates.

"Why?You just got back?" I pout.

"I know, but Max told me I needed to be back. I'm sorry."

"It's alright," I sigh,"is it alright if I stay here, though?"

"Sure, make yourself at home,"

Something is going on, and I'll figure out what it is, even if it's the last thing i do.

Jeanine's POV

"Now what? how are we gonna get Eric to kill the divergent?" max exclaims. Annoying, petty, unintelligent max.

"Max, calm down. I have everything under control," I say in an even tone.

"Under control?! We know Fours not gonna do it,we erased his memory, now we erased Eric's, now what?" max is pacing. It's giving me a headache.

"Charlie,"I state, looking to Charlie who is next to the door. He is going to be the knew dauntless leader. He is my guinea pig, he is under the simulation. And with him my entire plan to get Eric on out side will fall into place. All I need know is to know his weakness.

"What does Charlie have to do with it? Oh my god this was a mistake." Max groans and runs his fingers through his hair.

"All will be revealed In time," I soothe and glance at Charlie with a smile on my face

Eric's POV.
my head is a mess. I try to put the things I know to actual events. I know things in my head, but I don't remember them actually happening. What is going on.

I know amber killed herself. I saw the body. I know that we are getting a new leader. max told me that. But I feel like I'm missing something big and important. Something essential.

I just have this feeling in my guy something bad is going to happen, and I don't know what to do. All I hope is that whatever happens I'll be able to keep Kay safe.

------
I know I wright supper short chapters but I write all of these at like 10 and I need my beauty sleep. I would have done it over the weekend but I was in Chicago so I couldn't. Woops anywhosies, I hope u all like this. Please please please go check out confessions, if you comment on confessions and vote for it I will follow you!!! That's a promise. Love you all THANK YOU FOR 3k READS OMG!!!!!! Ahh thank you all

* vote

*comment

*follow