8

It had been a couple days since Eric and I made our 'agreement'. I still was terrified from the last fear landscape. It was the same as always. My sister and i never touched, always bound by the threshold of my bedroom. The only thing that changed was when i reached my hand out to touch her, i was greeted with the coolness of glass, which was strange. Maybe thats why i was so scared, because i was trapped without any escape from the inevitable punishement

Lately, thankfully, Eric had been leting me ride the lanscape out, trying to face my fear. I'd like to think that i was getting better but the frustrated yell Eric just let out shatters my hope. great.

"is it that bad?" i ask twidling wiht my thumbs.

"No, you're geting better, i just dont think you'll be ready in time. I care about what the leaders see but what im more worried about is if you cant get over this fear, we dont know how many others you have. you could have another twenty or five," he lets out another frustrated sigh, pacing back and forth.

"What should i do then?"

"Do you," he starts then shakes his head.

"Do I what?' i ask him, nodding for him to continue.

"Do you want," he looks uncomfortable, " i may not be the best person for it, but, if you want to talk about it, you can." he finsihes and stops infront of me, staring at me. fuck his eyes were blue. It was like staring into a sea after a harsh storm, it was calm.

"okay," i pull my legs to my chest. "You dotn have to do this just cause you feel bad for me, you know that right?" i look at him wearily, waiting for him to leave just like everybody else in my life. he rolls his eyes and sits down, placing a hand on my thigh. Not sexually, but comfotingly.

"It started when I was about ten." i shiver, sudenly feeling cold ," I loved my dad. He was amazing and nice and funny. but then, one day, things chagned and he started drinking. I didnt understand it. At first he would just hit me if I did something wrong, so i started to try to be perfect. Of course im not. It got even worse when my mom joined the board. She was gone a lot more, leaving me with my dad, and my sister. Between the two my life was a living hell. My dad started not just hitting me but..." i never liked to say it.

"yeah," he nods understandingly as i struggled for my voice.

"The worst part was becasue i couldn't do anything. I couldn't tell anone either, which was a big reason why I couldn't stay at Candor. My sister knew what was going on. She had to have known. I think she was afraid but kept it hidden and fueld my dads anger so she wouldn't be punsihed. In some ways, I think she would've made a better Dauntless than I do." there is a moment of silence.

"Are you afraid of your dad?" i try to interupt him but he wont let me. "Why are you scared of him? he can't get you,"

"I'm not. We'll not right now at least. Only in the landscape. "

"You're only afraid of him in the landscape," he repeats confused.

"Yeah,so?"

"Nothing I was just saying," he's interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Eric?" A head pops in. She is small and has red streak in her brown hair. "ops, I'll comeback later." she starts to close the door.

"No, no it's fine, we were just finishing up."he waves for the woman to come in. "Hey, I'll see you for training tomorrow,ok?" he says to me. I nod, get up, and leave the room, wondering what they possibly could be talking about at this hour.

Eric's POV
"So what would like to speak about?" I fumble around with the wires and serums. Holy shit. I wonder if Four told Amber about his suspicion (that is true) about Kay and I. That little bitch.

"I would like to speak to about the board. The leaders here." She is hesitant.

"Ok?"

"Not here. We are meeting up with some of the others. This way." she starts to lead me out of the room.

"I'll catch you up to date.some of our dauntless have gone missing. Which isn't unusual, however they all seem to go in te middle of the night or during a meal. It seems most of them have not returned. And we think we know what has happened." As she says that we walk into a room full of dauntless leaders. Max, who was training me was sitting on the far end of the table.

"Why am I here?" I look around looking for Olivia, our representative. She isn't there. Olivia Amber and Max are In Charge here.

"Because I believe, and are trying I convince that there is treason going on. That someone is conspiring against us,"

"What?" I start to back up and look at her with confusion. She nods for me to sit down and I go and join Max. He pats me on the back as I put my hands on my knee, preparing myself.

"As some of you, but not all, know," amber starts. "Olivia has gone missing. We don't know where she has gone butt not only is it I characteristic of her to disappear without word but before she left she was speaking of an Erud-"

"Amber," max clears his throat and shoots a death glare at her. She looks down, glancing around.

"Jace, Toby, Hannah, Sophia, Dale, Jackie, and Zack, please leave, the representatives will figure it out then consult you." Mac orders, then they all get up and leave.

"Max, should I go?" I start to get up but he pushes me down.

"No, I need you," he says walking around the table. All that is left is Amber, max, a blonde laddie I don't recognize and myself. "Amber I told you," he scolds "that you were on our side or no side." He pulls out a gun and presses the barrel into her head. She winces but doesn't move.

"Now, we're done with you," and he shoots.

"Now, Eric," he turns to me. I'm in shock. "My friend would like to talk to you," he says motioning to te lady. I swear I've seen her before.

"Eric, I haven't seen you seen you were a small boy. I apologize for not being be able to make it to you choosing ceremony." I know. It's Jeanine. She was my old factions representative. I never liked her.

"Hello," I say.

"I have a proposition."

"Okay?" I'm beyond confused.

"Max is the new leader and he needs your help with a very important mission." She talks to me like I'm five.

"Yeah?" I ask cautiously.

"You will be able to learn more latter, but do you know what..." she pauses, "divergence is?" She takes another long pause while i sift through my thoughts.
"because I need your help with something important. "

----

Sorry it took me forever to update
And that's it's short but I'm in a play and its this week so lots of rehearsals to six and its of tests. So wish me luck! OMG! thank you SO much for 1.7k views!!!! You all are amazing I looooove u guys. Also check out my harry styles fanfiction 'confessions' please do. Thank you!!

*comment

*vote

*follow