11

Eric's POV
It was in the middle of the night when max came to me. He told me we weren't safe. He told me that the new dauntless leader was ruthless and cold hearted. That he was going to change everything we know about how the dauntless live. He told me we needed to stop it, and he had help from the outside. It seemed like a good plan, but I'm not to sure how confident I am in it. I'm terrified for Kay. What if something happens to her? I don't know if I could live with myself if something bad happened. Max talks of a rebellion and I have no idea how I fit into it all other than I'm a leader. All I do know is that more than once I curse Tobias for not taking the job.

Kay's. POV
He was off, I couldn't put my finger on it, but there was definitely something wrong with Eric. The way he would stare off when I would talk to him. The only time he came back was when I would kiss him.

"Eric," I said loudly, pulling him out of his reserve.
"Hm?" he murmurs, slowly taking his eyes off the carpet to meet mine.
"Are you ok?" I ask worried shifting my weight on his lap.
"Yeah, yeah, just a lot on my plate right now. Um, do you wanna stop," he asks looking at me with wide eyes.
"Stop what?" I ask shifting again.
"Stop moving," he lets out a small gasp and that's when I notice a bulge in his lower region.
"This?" I wriggle my hips again and he tries to glare at me but all I can see is the lust in his eyes.
"Kay," he says, eyes pleading. I turn my body and throw one leg over his hip so I was straddling his waist. I lean down to kiss his neck and he soon brings my face to his and kisses me slowly and patiently.

"I love you," he breathes out as we break.

I would have said something back, but I was interrupted by a loud knock on the door.

Max POV
"We have to push him" Jeanine chimes in.
"Push him how?" I question.
"What's his weak spot?" she asks pacing the room.
"Um, I have no idea, he doesn't have one?" I scramble trying to think.
"He has to have one. Find it and ruin him." She scowls then leaves.

She may be a genius, but she is one hell of a bitch.

----/
thank you for 4k reads, I appreciate it so much. Please
*vote

*comment

*follow.
Kara