21

I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

"Eric, thankfully you're here. I wouldn't be able to carry her by myself," Josh chuckles, as I aid him in carrying Kay to the chasm. I have a plan, of course... who am I kidding. I have no fucking clue what I'm supposed to do now. I could over take him, but not when she's still passed out. I wouldn't be able to get away with her while she is still out.

"No..problem," I grit my teeth so I won't say anything else.

After carrying her all the way to the chasm, we stop.

"Are you ready?" he asks me as I look at Kay nervously.

"Uh, shouldn't we wait till she wakes up? I mean then we have more fun," I try to make up an excuse quickly, and miserably fail.

"Fun? oh fun. I didn't take you as the type to do that kinda thing Eric but if your game," he trails off and I finally grasp what he's saying.

"No!no not what I meant, I don't know what i meant ok," I quickly explain.

"Eric?" I hear a whine from behind us.

"Kay?" I turn around to make sure it's her and I see her rubbing her head softly, she must have hit it.

"Well Eric, you know what you have to do," Josh smirks.

"What?" Kay questions, still dazed and confused.

"He's going to kill you" josh 'explains'.

"No. I'm not." I run at him and pin him up against the wall "I'm going to kill you!" I punch his check and slowly recoil, waiting for his attack. When he doesn't come at me I step forward to give another blow but he ducks under me.

I quickly turn around but it's too late, tears prick in my eyes. He has her, dangling by one hand on the rail.

I sprint at him, kicking him back, but not before I held on to her hand.

"Kay," I whisper.

"Eric," she whimpers, eyes wide with fear.

"I'll protect you," I nod.

A sinking feeling replaces the one of bravery as I feel myself sliding, being pushed actually. now, I find my self holding onto the rail and my other shoulder aching from grasping onto Kay's hand.

"Eric!" Kay screams as we both shift.

"It's gonna be ok, Kay." I promise. My shoulder aches from the weight of another person dangling beneath me.

"Let her go, Eric." Josh sneers from above us.

"No," I grit my teeth and will myself not to let go.

"Let her go!" he orders.

"NO!"

"please," I hear a whimper from beneath me, "Don't let me go."

~~~~~~