Chapter 4 : Acceptance.

Hi guys, this is sort of like a draft chapter of Jacob's POV. i won't be doing his POV's in the future, so this is like a snippet of sorts. which is why the chapter is shorter than the rest..

thank you so much for the reads and the votes!

love you all

lilibetR

.....................................................................................................................................

  JACOB'S POV

I have no fucking clue what came over me, she was rushed off to the royal court by that old sob Richard, and I went back to my station. It's being hours and I still can't focus. My men were all training. Some were waiting for me to begin.

I had no fucking idea what I just said to her or what I even meant. Did I request to be her majesty's personal royal guard? Isabelle's?

Why did I ask that? The minute I saw her I felt all control in my body just shatter. She does something to me. To my heart. That's never fucking happened to me before.

I could bloody well get my head chopped off for this.

She's beautiful yes, but there's something else. There always has being. She gives me so much emotion. In just one fucking glance. Its as if she fills this void inside of me.

Fuck now I sound like an old sentimental sob myself.

I should give the job to someone else, and stay the hell away from her. I can't be her personal royal guard. Someone else can do it. One of my best men. If I do this, something is bound to happen. And I know it isn't for the good.

It's almost nightfall and I can't seem to get rid of her smile.

Her fucking smile

I finally get to be close to her and it isn't the way I want it to. Not this way.

''Granted''

She said that, as if she was wanted something to happen. Like she felt something. Which I call bullshit. She was a princess and now a queen. What was I thinking? What the fuck am I even thinking?

I need to get out of here. Nothing my mates, and a few drinks can't help.

"Captain general Thornburgh'' oh bloody hell. I know that aggravating sad voice anywhere. I was cleaning up in my station. Finishing off. Ready to go get those drinks, if it now wasn't for this bastard.

''What can I do for you.... Richard?'' this bloody be good old man.

I can see his eyebrows wrinkling, he'd rather be anywhere but here. So hes here for duty purposes.... That's not good. He must have heard about my request to the queen. What a woman does to you.

''Her royal majesty the queen wishes for your presence'' uncertainty laced through every word he said.

Fuck.

Good thing for now is this old sob seems to have no idea why she's wanted me, but after he came for the queen whilst our engagement by the station, he didn't like how I was looking at her. Hell even I don't since I had no clue what came over me. He frowned at me and walked away with her.

''I'll be on my way'' is all I managed to say, as Richard made his way out. I found myself searching for the cleanest cotton shirt I own. And raking through my hair. Trying to look good for her.

I can't believe what I find myself doing.

My heart was beating fast. Like I've being punched in the gut.

Why does she want me?