Chapter 31 : Jacob

Isabelle walked back and forth her bedroom chamber, awaiting news

Isabelle walked back and forth her bedroom chamber, awaiting news. any news, that could further help her keep everyone safe. something that could point her In the right direction.

she has three people by her side that's enough as it is to help if it comes down to war, she's seen a hydra. a beast she never thought that existed. she's seen it, she's even touched it. Does she really need to be worried?

"sabbie?" came in a voice, followed by a knock on the door. Isabelle opened the door to find Cerylia, a worried look on her face.

"I was looking for you! you've been here this whole time?". "yes I- I just needed to think"

"the people are safe you know? you truly have nothing to worry". "and you have a fucking Hydra, is magnificent" she exclaimed. Isabelle missed her best friend. she helps her forget her worries and makes her feel as if the world is going slow. slow and safe. theres only a few people in this world that's made her feel that way, her family, cerylia and Jacob. she wondered how he was doing, she hasn't seen Jacob the whole day.

"look I'm going to leave now, I just came to see you, and tell you everything is okay. you know where to find me. I love you" Isabelle didn't want to think that this was the last time she'll ever see her again. she held Cerylia in a tight hug before she left.

Isabelle stepped outside the room as she watched Cerylia leave. tears swelling up but she held herself together.

"your grace?" came in a familiar voice. a soothing masculine voice. Cerylia turned around to see Aedric standing not too far from her, with a hopeful look on his face. there really is something about him that makes her feel calm. is it because of who he is to me? or is it something else.

"Yes Aedric" she managed to smile, Isabelle didnt want him to see what she was feeling.

"I guess its not a surprise that everyones worried about you." he said as she slowly inched towards the young queen

"is that why you're here?"

"I suppose I am" Aedric said cooly. "we- wheres Jacob?" she could see Aedric's smile fade a little but managed to keep his composure.

"He's training Lena and Tristan, I have to give it to him, he's doing quite a good job" Isabelle smiled.

"Does your brothers and sister know you're here?"

"yes, all but one" He said hesitantly. Isabella assumed its not her business to venture in and ask again.

"Your grace-"

"please just call me Isabelle, I've had enough of being called that".

Aedric chuckled.

"Isabelle, you don't have to do this" . "do what?"

"this war, all this. you dont need this, you didnt cause anything"

"you speak as If I have a choice". "but you do"

"what?" Isabelle asks him, confused. confused about where the conversation is heading. she didnt even realize that he was inches away from her. considering he's extremely taller than the queen, he's even leaned in close to her, she could see his beautiful blue eyes.

"come with me, come to Qiyoric. you can be the queen. An entire nation, away from all this. the Hydra's there to protect you. You and your family will be safe. you can be queen, you can be my queen'

Isabelle was speechless. she couldn't believe what she heard.

"you want me to leave my people behind? abandon everything and everyone? my duty? do you think im incapable of handling my duties? to run away?"

"no Isabelle- thats not-"

"enough. I- just enough"

Isabelle turned around to walk away, she needs to find Jacob. but before she could, Aedric grabbed her hand.

"No Isabelle thats not what I meant, let me explain" she whisked her hand away as she turn back to face him.

"I see what this is doing to you and how you're feeling, the fear. i've been there, when we were just children, I dont wish that upon anyone. I just want you to be safe. to be happy"

"I cant have everything can I, not when I'm the queen"

"but you can, with me"

"I'm not going to abandon anything or anyone Aedric"

"you don't have to, its not abandoning"

"I just want you to feel safe"

she could feel his breath as he leaned in closer. she was confused, Isabelle didn't know what to think. but before anything could happen, she took a step back, further away from Aedric.

"I- I need to go" before he could say another word, the queen walked away. she wanted to find Jacob.

as she reached the grounds, where both lena and Tristan were, Jacob was nowhere to be found. "where's Jacob?" Isabelle asked, scanning the grounds in hopes of finding him. "oh he went to look for you your grace" answered Tristan. Worry filled up inside Isabelle. Where could he be?

Isabelle knew of only one place to find him, the training camp, where he keeps all of his gear. It didnt take her long to find him, she was right. There he stood, mending his sword. His shirt on the ground, as he's sweating. Isabelle has never seen his body this way before. it was too muscular for his own good.

"I was looking for you" Isabelle said quietly. her words tangling at the sight of Jacob.

he didn't break his attention from the sword, but he heard her enough to show a reaction.

"I was too" he replied, unbothered. his jaw clenched, every time he moved roughly, his muscles do too.

"I was In my chamber how come you di-". "You seemed busy with.... Aedric, wasn't my place to interrupt...... Your grace" his words were cold, though he still didn't look up to meet her eyes.

so this is what this is about? why are men like this? Isabelle thought. "there was nothing to interrupt, nothing.... nothing happened"

"doesnt seem like it, but no need to explain to me your grace, im just your guard"

"stop calling me that. and stop this" Isabelle was feeling frustrated. she stormed right upto him, demanding him to look at her. Jacob hesitantly looked into her eyes.

"why? why are you doing this?" . "Isabelle, he's right. he's .... he can keep you safer than I can. you, your whole family, the people. He can help. he goes beasts for fuck sake. he's better for you." Isabelle has had enough of men telling her whats best for her in one day.

"No one can tell me whats good for me, than me. Is it so hard to fathom that maybe I can keep myself safe too? I know what I want and whats good for me and thats you". she could see Jacobs face light up as she spoke those words. "I love you" was the last thing they said to each other as Jacob leaned in closer and kissed Isabelle, holding her from her tiny waist. he lifted her without tearing away from their kiss and set her down on the table right behind Isabelle. his hands finding her waist. he looked at her, his eyes glazed over, pupils blown with lust, his mouth open as he breathed onto her neck, he groaned as his eyes fluttered shut momentarily. not long until his lips met hers once more. Not interrupting their kiss, Jacob runs his hands over her gown, undressing her bit by bit. Leaving kisses all over her neck and shoulder, letting her know, she belongs to him.