Chapter 32 : The Meeting

Richard, followed by two royal guards, ran to find the queen bearing news

"Wheres the Queen?" Yelled Richard as he ran into Lena in the corridor. "she... she's in the training camp" She fumbled for her words, as Richard hurried past her and ran towards the training camp.

"Your majesty!!" He yelled out, as the queen came into sight, with Jacob standing right next to her.

"What... what is it Richard" She asked, surprised to see Richard lost for words, panting, his eyes wide, looking shocked himself.

"Your Majesty, Fr- Francesco. He's here" Isabelle was taken back. unsure of what to say, thousands of thoughts were running through her mind.

"Hes here alone, with his wife. No one else" . "Why would he come here alone? He's sided with the Gronzerich's has he not? this seems like a trap". Jacob chimed in. Isabelle tuned out all the voices around her. she needs to protect the ones she loves. She needs to step up. this is her chance.

"Call Tristan, Lena and Aedric. tell them to meet me by the throne room. And bring Francesco in".

"What?!! Isabelle that's a risk, you can't trust hi-" . "Jacob, I know what I'm doing, trust me" Isabelle said, caressing his cheek , giving him reassurance.

the queen followed Richard to the throne room. fixing her dress and her crown, making sure she is absolutely presentable and stern. she was joined by the three God's beasts who all stood side by side behind Isabelle, as Jacob stood not so far from her. his hand on his sword. prepared for anything.

In the distance she could see a man walking towards her, joined by a woman and two guards. this man had the same structure and walk just like her father, for a second Isabelle thought it was her father. Until he came to sight. The man who's conspiring against her. swore to dethrone her and take the crown. her uncle.

right beside him was his wife, her beautiful aunt. she always has a warm smile on her face. even despite politics and her husbands choices, her face lit up as she saw Isabelle. the first ever child she held, she cared for. She's truly the opposite of Francesco as he had no emotion in his face as he stood right in front of the queen.

"Isabelle." he said sternly, Ready to lay down his business. "Francesco, I dont understand why you're here. unarmed"

the man looked as his wife as she gave him a smile of reassurance.

"I've come to surrender. I've come to pledge my allegiance" Isabelle was surprised at what she just heard. this could mean many things. she wanted to believe him, even after everything he has chosen to do, he was family. And family was important to her. he seemed sincere enough for Isabelle to consider believing him.

Jacob scoffed "how can we trust you?"

"If I go back, I would be killed by the Elyotians . I know their plans and I'm their biggest threat"