Chapter 14 : Red

I was sitting in the council room with the rest of the members

I was sitting in the council room with the rest of the members. Lord Tristan made a good point. But I can't just kill a king of a country, it can cause a war. As if I haven't already got to worry about one already because of Francesco.
The Gronzerichs have been our allies ever since the rebellion and papa has kept the houses together and at peace for the longest time. What happens if I turn everything upside down? Tristan made me aware of our grandfathers promise to each other, about joining the houses together through marriage, but to my relief Tristan isn't interested in it either.

Yes Derik is cruel, like his father but more conniving, Tristan told me he could turn on us any day if he isn't getting what he wants. As alarming as that sounds I still can't go against him. There's no way I can do that. I can't risk my kingdom over domestic disputes.

"Your grace.... He does make a few good points but I suggest you not to think twice about this. Leave derik be and let them solve their issues with themselves" Emerick said.

He's right, I don't want to disappoint Tristan, he seemed like an intelligent man with a good heart. So I suppose he'll understand when I reject his offer.

"You don't need this your grace. Let the father and son take the matters into their own hands. This is war. And you haven't even been queen for six months. This won't look good on you"
Chimed in Wymarc.

"But his mother... and his brother they'll be murdered.."

"Your grace this is an ugly world we're living in. And there's nothing you can do about it, would you rather start a war that results in thousands killed including your own blood for trying to save two people that you've never met or know anything about?" Herviett responded.

I let out a huge sigh.

They're all right. I hate to disappoint people, as if I don't do it to Letty enough. It's terrible having a soft heart for a queen. He travelled all this way seeking help from a ruler he knows nothing about just to save his family from a cruel man. And I'm about to break his hope.
I hate being queen. I know there's more to this but sometimes doing nothing is harder than doing something.

"Do you want me to go tell him your grace?" Richard asked me. Tristan was given a chamber room in the castle. He's probably in there waiting for an answer. No the least I can do is tell him myself.

"No Richard. I'll do it" with that being said I dismissed the the council meeting and made my way to meet Brandon.

I don't presume this was a stupid choice to dismiss my guards and Richard to come with me but I think it's better if I was alone to tell it myself. Besides Jacob isn't here as well

Where the hell is he anyway? It's his damn job to be around me at all times.

Isn't it?