Chapter 36: The Kiss

Isabelle watched as the fire burned through two pyres in front of her

Isabelle watched as the fire burned through two pyres in front of her. The pyres that held both her aunt and uncles bodies. She watched as the fire spread and grow, it's black smoke expand and join the air. Isabelle's little sister Mary gripping onto her older sisters hand, watched the fire with her. She never got to meet her uncle and aunt, she knew got to see for the people they truly were. A noble man and a loving woman.

As the queen watched the pyres burn, she couldn't forget what she witnessed before her own two eyes. The death of her uncle and aunt.  How he fought the man that tried to murder his niece, he fought him to his death, not long before his wife joined him with the same fate. She could still remember her aunt, crawling to her husband, as they both held their last breath together.

Father, I hope you saw what they've done for me. Welcome them to heaven.  Isabelle thought to herself, a tear strolling down her cheek. She will make sure the entirety Yoreria itself will know the sacrifice they made for the queen, for the country.

We couldn't find the body Isabelle. Aedric's words echoed in her mind. How? How could they not? What happened to him? Questions flood through her mind until she couldn't watch the fire linger through the air.

After the death of his father, Tristan was sent back to Sundaros by the Queen. The rightful heir to the throne. He was hesitant. He didn't want to leave the very people he grew so close to, people that were like his family. But he has to, to go back to his brother. For his people that deserves a rightful king. He bid his friends goodbye. Lena took it the hardest as they were the closest of friends.

Not long after Tristan left, the queen granted Lena knight dome, a title which she proudly held. She's never felt this close to being important ever since she met the queen. Grateful, she swore her life to protect the queen. A bittersweet sentence Isabelle is grateful for but never wants to hear. Jacob promised the same, and he gave his life for her. She doesn't want to loose any more of her loved ones again.

"That Lena, does she.... fancy anyone?" Cerylia whispered to Isabelle, as both watched Lena train on the camp below the sky bridge. Isabelle furrowed her eyes brows and met the light brown eyed gaze of her best friend, "I suppose you do?"

Cerylia gave her a cheeky smile as she nodded her head, "well then go talk to her!" Isabelle chuckled, nudging her friend on her waist.
"No, that can wait, I'm staying with you"

"Li, the last thing I need is to be treated differently, i just want things to be how it was, it's the only time I don't have him on my mind" her eyes pleaded, trying her best to hold back her tears. The last thing she needs is to be a burden and have everyone worried for her.

"Are you sure?" She asked, gripping tightly onto her friends hand, to which Isabelle nodded her head in response, she just wants everyone to be happy. She cannot bear anymore changes, least for a while. Cerylia laid a small peck on Isabelle's cheek before she made her way to the training camp, leaving the queen by herself at the sky bridge.