Chapter 29 : In Sync

It was hard for the queen to say goodbye to her sisters

It was hard for the queen to say goodbye to her sisters. The last of her family, gone. At least they'll be safe and that's all that mattered to her. Richard and half of the Boddinham army are in the works of evacuating the city to the zardel's. People must be talking, people must be doubting. How can a young queen handle such a thing? When her father ruled the country with peace throughout his whole reign. Let them doubt, Isabelle thought. She knows what she's doing.

Aedric sent word to his sister, Arielle to send his hydra to Swiok Frary, resulting in Jacob training the two young beasts, Tristan and Lena for the battlefield. Isabelle is yet to learn swordsmanship, and she's yet to talk to Jacob, alone, about the words they exchanged the previous day. She sees him, watching her from the corner of her eye. Not letting her out of his sight as she's giving orders and running her duties. What she doesn't realize is that Aedric is not far behind. He's keeping a close eye on his queen too. Making sure no harm befalls on her.

"Your grace there's a matter I would like to speak with you, alone" Jacob interrupted the queen while she was conversing with the final and the youngest beast, Luna. It caught her off guard. Aedric as well, making him feel uncomfortable at the fact that the two is yet again to be alone with one another. Annoying him to be exact.

The queen walked outside the council room following her personal guard, further away from the council room, away from everyone's gaze, into a narrow corridor even Isabelle forgot that even existed inside the castle.

"What's wrong?" The queen asked, concerned with how worried Jacob looks.
"Are you sure you want to go through with this?"
"Are you doubting me?" Jacob was taken aback by her reaction.
"No that's now what I meant... I... I see how worried you are, I don't want you to be, maybe there's another way"
"There isn't, they declared war and from that moment, there isn't" she replied sternly.
Jacob let out sigh. "One of my men, south towards vasilisa, came back this morning and with news that the Gronzerich banners are hoisted throughout the city"

The news didn't surprise the queen, only weigh in on her. More things to think about, watch out for. She was deep into thinking when Jacob lifted her face from her chin and looked into her eyes. He gave her a warm smile. The smile that always reassured her. She felt his warmth and his protection.  "Everything will be okay"
He said, in almost a whisper as he towers over her.  He was inches away from her where she could feel his warmth without even feeling his body.

It took only seconds until he leaned towards her small face.  Both his and her heart beating fast, and in sync. It was a long time coming. Jacob grabbed her by the waist making sure she's in his arms. While the other is holding her face as he's feeling her lips, kissing her. The woman that gave him purpose, that he would give his life for. Isabelle wrapped both her hands around his neck, completely submissive the man thrice as big as she, holding her tight and close. Never in her life has she fully ever let go, let go of herself and into someone else as she is doing right now. And it's her first kiss.