Chapter 5 : Feeling

ISABELLE'S POV

ISABELLE'S POV

I visited mother after ending a tiring day carrying the crown's duties. She was sitting by her balcony, with a glass of wine, and a few grapes and cheese by the table beside her. She wasn't crying anymore. In fact she's come to peace. She wasn't dressed as a queen any longer either, in fact not even as royalty. She was in one of her least majestic gowns, thinner than the puffy ones she wore before. Black, and satin. It was the most calming black I've ever seen. Her hair was let loose, it was gushing by the wind. Her black hair with strands of white was all the way up to her waist, just like mine. You could see that most of my features are after my mother. Our eyes, our hair and height I'd like to believe.

I sat on the chair next to her, not wanting to break her peaceful moment. I notice she has her eyes closed. A small smile plastered across her face as she takes low breaths. Truly enjoying the breeze. I decided to do the same. Hell I need some tranquility more than anyone.

'' Your father used to do this every day before coming to bed..... I never seem to understand why, but I do now''

Mother broke the silence between us, as she slowly opened her eyes and gazed at me. I can see the warmth radiating off of her. She's becoming herself again, and I didn't realize how much I missed it. Mother was more stern and orderly than papa, he was fun and lived blithely. Which is why most people believe why they couldn't get enough of each other. They balance each other.

''what is it?''

She took a deep breathe, I can see her eyes welling with tears but she was quick to wipe them away before I bring It to attention

'' its calming... you get to live through your day again, in your mind. Realize your mistakes and your good. And learn to do things right the next. It's sort of a way to truly emancipate yourself from the world, and just be on your own''

Papa really was a smart man. Each day he lived like it was his last. The crown, the kingdom, it was there too bear him down, but he held high. Each day he loved us like he won't see us the next day. Some called him a fool for not striking fear, but he could never be that. He was a loving man.

''That helped him a lot didn't it?''

"Every day sabbie... everyday''

After speaking to mother about a few things over wine and cheese, which she seemed to have grown to love, apologized for not seeing me on the throne. She promised shed be there for me more often, and said shed carry me to the coronation herself to make up for it. I kissed her goodbye and walked out of her room.

Now, letty.

She was the least person I worried about. I know she can look after herself. But its best if I go see her myself.

I knocked on her door, which was left unanswered and decided to go in myself.

There she was, slumped by her dressing table, looks as if she was writing something, almost giggling to herself.