3

The car ride was only filled with random music coming from the radio. Gemma chose to enjoy the view on the window on her side rather than checking the road they'd been taking ever since they left Port's cafe.

They reached the highway and went up a steep road. Gemma thought they were going up the hill but Aaron pulled over to a corner, an edge of a cliff at the side of the road; it was an extended road on the side like it was made to be used for sightseeing.

Her eyes widened at the sight in front of her and was about to appreciate it when Aaron spoke.

"Don't go out yet," he raised a finger before exiting the car. He rushed to her side and opened the door." Because rule number five, he must open the door for you."

"That was unnecessary," she pursed her lips as she got out of his car. He shut the door. "I hope you are aware that these rules are making me expect too much from my future boyfriend."

"If no one is able to do my rules, then I don't think they deserve to have you."

Despite the lack of lamp posts that could give light to where they were at, he could still see clearly that blush on her cheeks. He couldn't help but smile.

"Aaron, that's too much." Gemma mumbled, lowering her head to hide her blush.

He wanted to stare at her more but he knew they got better things to do before the sun could finally set.

Without wasting any minute, he opened the trunk of his car to grab something. Gemma noticed him struggling while he bent down. She moved closer to him and offered a hand. But he raised his hand to stop her.

When he straightened his back, he heaved out a huge sigh of relief, a forced smile crept on his lips; beads of sweat had formed on his forehead. A huge piece of cloth was hanging on his arm.

Gemma chuckled lightly before taking her handkerchief. She dabbed his forehead using it. "You're sweating already."

Aaron's smile slowly faded while he looked down at her. She was standing too close to him, her scent that smelled like vanilla had made him inhale more.

"You make me nervous," he muttered, shifting his stare away from her.

This was the only time Gemma was able to see his face up close, after years of seeing him from behind the monitor. She couldn't believe how tired he looked at this moment. Dark circles had formed under his hazel eyes, skin was paler than before, and his whole figure had gone skinnier.

She was aware that ever since they were young, he already looked thin and flimsy. One of the reasons why their classmates made fun of him back then. He barely played strenuous activities that also made him an outcast.

Gemma furrowed her eyebrows. "I won't kill you or push you off this cliff. Not yet."

When there were no signs of sweat on his face, he walked near the edge and motioned her to follow him.

Gemma's eyes were locked on the mesmerizing beauty of the whole city. The view was big enough, she couldn't exactly decide which one she should focus on more. What also had her tearing up with happiness was the beauty it was showing her. The sun was setting and was on its way to rise on the other side of the world.