24

"Good mood?"

Gemma looked to her side to come face to face with someone she barely remembered. She knew that this lady talking to her was her classmate from a different class but she couldn't fully recall her name. In response to her question, she gave her a smile.

"Yes." Gemma's smile reached her ears when she remembered that photo inside her wallet.

Not only did that picture make her morning vibrant, but the person in that photo gave more reason for her to start loving this day.

This morning, despite Aaron's sleepy state, he still managed to drive her to school. He even had her packed lunch ready—something she couldn't wait to eat. He even listened to her stories and was attentive despite his seemingly endless yawns. Before she could leave his car, he promised her that he would pick her up after class.

"So who's the lucky guy?" The unknown girl grinned at Gemma. "I saw your relationship status."

Aaron Sterling. It was always that person who could make Gemma Spencer's day better than ever. It was him who could make her want to put a genuine smile on her face, even after having a bad day. The only person who could tolerate, listen, and understand her. Always the person she could trust and count on.

"It's for you to find out." Gemma stuck her tongue out before walking away.

"Aw, I'm sure he's just like you!"

Gemma was shaking her head as she walked to her first class. Aaron was far better than her and she could hardly think he could be someone like her. At some point, it made her think she never deserved him.

She was still smiling as she made her way to her room. However, before entering, someone's voice caught her attention. The laughter and the happiness could be felt clearly in this woman's voice. And even from afar, she could see the twinkle in her eyes.

Elisa was standing in front of her locker. A guy was standing beside her and as Gemma squinted her eyes, his features became clear to her. Harvey's smile was as bright as Elisa's. Both seemed to share the same level of happiness.

One of the students patted Harvey's shoulder to snap him away from their conversation. They had forgotten about the bell—including Gemma, who was still standing and watching them from a distance.

Those two had been friends and Gemma knew it ever since. Elisa used to be the captain of the cheerleading squad and Harvey was a part of the basketball team. They'd pretty much seen each other and talked when they had their practice in school. What Gemma just witnessed could be an ordinary conversation, just like what everyone would do to Harvey.

Apparently, it still bothered her.

A lot of things circled around her head. There was this big voice echoing inside her brain, giving her ideas about Harvey cheating on her. She also couldn't help but think if Elisa was a real friend to her or if she was actually a traitor all along. Had Gemma been so blinded by love that she let her few friends dupe her? Was she that naive and easy to be tricked?

Gemma thought she'd have a wonderful day ahead. But the fact that she had an argument with Elisa and that she barely gave her a glance, gave her more discomfort.

"G'morning, Gemma." Harvey greeted her with a grin.

It was the same smile he would give to his friends. Before, she always thought his smiles had other meaning. It was always sexy and had that effect that could make her swoon, just like any other girls. The way he looked at her, the way he smiled at her, and the way he called her felt different for her. She wanted to believe it was only because of these thoughts inside her brain that made her think everything was different.