10

Despite the amount of light the waiting area could provide, the room still felt like it was getting darker minute by minute.

Gemma was the type of person who could wait for hours--days, weeks, months. It might not look like it, but she was a patient person. However, this was the only kind of waiting she wished would end, as soon as possible. This was the only time she felt her heart crushed every time the clock ticked.

After Aaron fell unconscious a while ago, Gemma's brain was in disarray. She cried, hoping the loudness of her voice would help him get up. If it wasn't for Harvey, who managed to calm her for a second, she would've broken down.

Now, the two sat away from each other at the waiting area of a nearby hospital, looking as if they were complete strangers.

As much as he wanted to scoot closer to her and wrap his arms around her for comfort--he couldn't.

Gemma had her head lowered and had her hands clasped together. Her sobs were still able to escape her pressed lips, her dark jeans had much of her teardrops.

From time to time, she'd constantly wipe the tears away from her red cheeks and would glance up at anyone who had a white coat on or if it was a woman who resembled the look of Aaron's mom.

A minute or so had passed and her thoughts already clogged her brain. Each picture that formed made it hard for her to think straight. She couldn't stop her brain from thinking of the worst things.

"Aunt Alice!" Gemma called with a gasp. She rushed her way to her.

If Gemma's state was already considered as messed up, Alice Sterling was worse.

Karen and Alice had the same age yet Alice now looked way older than her. Gemma couldn't stop her eyes from making sure she was really facing the right woman who used to have that beauty as captivating as these perfumes she made.

Aaron had taken Alice's beautiful hazel eyes. Her hair was tied in a bun, a few strands were on the corner of her face making Gemma think she was in a hurry securing it or was no longer able to fix it.

"Gemma!" Alice welcomed her with a tight hug.

Her sweet and flowery scent made Gemma remember the old days. It was a calming scent that helped her pause from crying.

As much as Alice wanted to show this young lady her elation in seeing her, her tired eyes could no longer express how much she missed her. She looked tired and distressed.

"I-is Aaron okay? What happened to him? Is he awake now? Did he hit his head hard? Will he have this--this amnesia?"

Each question left Gemma's quivering lips. Her eyes were coated with nothing but worry and her eyebrows were connected like hands clasped together. Praying.

A gentle smile formed on Alice's exhausted face. This resembled Aaron's famous small smile. "He's fine," she squished Gemma's cold and sweaty hands lightly. "He just fainted because. . . of the sudden change of weather."

Her words made her sob more. She lowered her head, feeling guilty. "This is all my fault--he waited for me inside his car. And. . . And it rained, then it was suddenly s-sunny. . . But I asked him not to wait for me! I'm sorry. I-if I told him to stop, to stop from doing--"