Chapter 6: Alone with a Stranger

My head was bleeding out as I was on the street. People passed with a hurry and nobody decided to call or do something to help. My shoulders were red. My head was turned red. My tears of mascara had been washed away with the rain. My jacket was see through. As some people stood in shock. I became a little more conscious. And suddenly a man stood over me as my vision became just the littlest clear. He was checking to see if my heart was beating. To see if I was breathing. He took of his jacket and folded it to put behind my head. He touched my face and said " Everything will be fine Clara." His voice sounded familiar. As the ambulance came and the police came to the scene. I was rushed around and out the alley. And my mission was failed.

I wake up. The first thing I see is the dull white walls. Then a nightstand with a bouquet of flowers. And then I see a man sitting in a seat. It was Jack, the cute guy at the office. And that was it. Nobody else but a stranger I meet at work. No parents,no siblings. No friends. " Hey!" He said with enthusiasm. " Are you okay?" He said with concern. What a dumb question. I was attacked by a bunch of idiots ,was terrified out of my guts to get to safety, and then was hit in the head by some street loser. " I'm fine." I said. " Great well Mrs. Perrish said you should take the week off and see of you feel and if you can come back to work later. I sit up in shock and look like I just died. " What it was my first day of work yesterday?" I say with a tone of a five year old. " Well Clara you did do a lot for your first day, I mean yes you should of gone to report a story but after being failed for an interview of the officers you were supposed to come back to the office and then  you went to an alley to look  for the victim yourself." On the bright side I think, he doesn't know I stole the phone. " And you stole the evidence!" Oh great no bright side. " But lucky you Purple Light covered for you because it would be bad for the company."

" So tell me why is this case so important, I'm starting to think its personal."

Oh boy.