Chapter 20: Alone

I cry. Silently into my palms. Then I stop, I hear something.

Creak .Creak. Creak.

I see a huge rock, I quickly go behind and curl up to myself. I hold my hand to my mouth. If Richard is there on the ground, then he will die. If he dies then I'm on my own. The sound gets louder. I can hear the footsteps, one, two, three, four, five. The noise stops. 

" Clara?" 

It i Richard, it just has to be. I slowly look past the rock. To see the monster take and knife and stab it into his chest. I want to scream. But I just sit there in shock, what do I do? I cry as I see Richard looking at me. He is gasping for air. The figure walks away ripping in blood. As soon as it is gone I go to Richard.

He looks at me crying as I am sniffing. 

" You can do this without me, you are strong, just like your mother." 

" No you have to hang on. Please don't leave me here, you are all I have left."

" Listen to me, I don't have much time. Go to Jack, he will take care of you."

" You look just like your mother Clara."

" There is something I have to tell you." He says.

" The figure is..." 

" What, wait no Richard." I shake him but he is still. He looks so peaceful. 

" No!" I cry, I scream.

He is gone.

I put myself together. I look in his pocket for anything. I find his wallet with a picture. It is me and, Jack! We are like 3 years old here. I look as find writing on the back. " My beautiful children." Wait what? Richard is my father? That doesn't make sense, then who is the other guy who is my father.

 I look at Richard, my father just died.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I hear sirens as I am sitting next to Richard unable to let go. They urge me to get off him but I can't. They give me a blanket as I am sitting in the back of an ambulance. I see Jack coming in  a car in the distance.

He gets out and goes to the crowd of officers that are all talking to him. They give him the hat he wore for being chief. They give him hugs and cry. Then Jack looks at me, he slowly walks over  me. 

" What happened?" He yells at me. I can't blame him, I thought he was a killer. And I didn't exactly start off well with him.

" What the hell did you to my dad." 

Some of the officers grab him urging him to back off. He gives up an walks over to Richard's body, I just look. He starts to cry. I cry too, we all cry.

He drives off with the officers in a car as I am too. Him to talk about the death. And me for questioning. I can't help but think of the picture. I take it out, looking at it. I'm related to Jack. What the hell. Why didn't he tell me.

They bring me over to the police station, again. They put me in a room waiting for a detective to come. I look out of the window and stare at the cold rain. She walks in the door, She seems nice actually. 

" Alright you are Clara Withers?'

" Yes, I am."