6 - in that moment, I knew I was gay

Carl's POV

Throughout the day, I just walked around the house, helping Fiona with a few things because I was really nervous for tonight for some reason.

Ian told me it was normal to feel nervous before your first time in a place full of people like you, and that it was a good thing to feel nervous because we'd never know what Mickey would do.

"Go get dress Carl," Fiona smile, taking Liam's dried too from me before I could fold it.

"It's still early Fi," I raised my eyebrows when Mickey and Ian walked downstairs ready to go.

"Fuck sake Carl," Mickey sighed shaking his head. "Go upstairs and get dressed," he added before he poured him and Ian a cup of coffee and put Ian's pills in front of him.

"Go," Fiona smirked tapping my shoulder. I ran upstairs and grabbed a navy buttoned down shirt, and a black pair of jeans. I put on a black leather jacket and some black boots on as well. My hair was just the same, messy. I ran down stairs just as there was a knock on the door.

"I got it!" I shouted before opening the door. Clay was standing there, smiling. He was wearing a red top, with black jeans, a black sweater, and some black sneakers. His hair was messy too, but more of a tamed messy.

"Hey," Clay smiled. I smiled back before allowing him in. We walked into the kitchen where Mickey and Ian were sitting at the table drinking their coffee and Mickey was talking to Ian about his meds. Fiona was talking to Veronica, who must of came in.

"Ready?" Ian asked with a sigh as he put his and Mickey's cups in the sink. Veronica looked at me and stood up, fixing my hair.

"Since when does Carl Gallagher wear nice clothes to a club?" V asked raising an eyebrow when she sat down. Ian handed her a beer as Mickey grabbed his and Ian's coats.

"It's only because Carl believes he likes guys," Fiona smirked and rolled her eyes. A blush came across my cheeks. I looked over at Clay, who was smiling.

"You're gay?" V asked and I shrugged. She looked at Clay. "Are you?" She asked him, Clay looked at me then to V.

"Eh, yeah," instantly I looked over at Clay, raising my eyebrow making his smirk grow widened. "Yeah I am,"

"Great, now that we established that, can we go?" Mickey asked tossing Ian his coat. Me and Clay nodded as Ian slipped on his coat.

"Don't wait up!" Me and Ian yelled to Fiona as we walked out. Ian flung his arm around Mickey's shoulders as the two began messing with each other as we walked down the street.

"Gay, huh?" Clay asked me, breaking the silence between us. I looked over at him, shoving my hands deep into my pockets.

"Eh, I don't know what I am," I told him, looking back at my older brother and his smaller boyfriend, then back to Clay.

"That's why Ian and Mickey decided to bring me out," I told Clay, who nodded also shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Since when are you gay?" I asked him a little confused. I always seen him around with this girl, and they seemed really close.

"Since forever really," Clay chuckled a little while he looked at his feet as we walked.

"Who's the girl you're always with?" I asked, without thinking. Clay looked back up to me, raising his eyebrow.

"My sister, August," he told me and then I felt stupid, mentally slapping myself in the face repeatedly.

Mickey and Ian decided to advert their attention back to the pair of us as we waited in line. I sighed talking to my brother and his boyfriend about something stupid.

"Ian Gallagher," the security guard smirked when it was our turn.

"Hey it's Jerome!" Ian laughed hugging him. I raised my eyebrow at Ian as Mickey gave the big built security guard a high five.

"Carl, Clay, this is Jerome," Ian introduced me. I nodded and Clay smiled at him.

"Go a head in, oh and don't get to drunk kids," Jerome smirked allowing us in free of charge.

"How do you know him?" I asked Ian, who smirked as we walked in.

"I used to work here," Ian told me as a load of male strippers were dancing and there were men grinding on one another on the dance floor. I felt a little out of place, but Ian and Mickey smirked at me before leaving me and Clay alone.

"This is gonna be a long night," I sighed and Clay nodded as we seen Ian and Mickey getting tequila shots. I rolled my eyes when Ian came up and handed us two beers.

"That's all you're getting, so enjoy," he spoke before leaving, once again. Me and Clay decided to sit down in the back where some old dudes where getting lap dances and some dudes were making out.

"So," Clay said playing with the top of his bottle, not looking at me. I seriously just wanted to kiss him but I knew I couldn't.

"So what?" I asked making Clay look up at me, as his thumb rubbed circles on the bottle neck.

"We're gonna be here for all night, so what do you want to talk about?" Clay asked me nodding towards Ian and Mickey, who were now grinding on one another and making out.

"Eh, I don't know, I'm not good with this conversation," I told Clay, while I stared at the table. Clay put his bottle of beer beside mine on the table and lifted my chin with his index and thumb. I looked into his eyes making my heart skip a beat.

"Carl, you had no trouble with talking to me before tonight, what's wrong?" Clay asked as he slowly took his fingers away from my chin. I looked deep into his eyes.

I stayed silent, as Clay waited for an answer. He seemed as if he was pissed off.

"Because," I paused, opening my mouth wanting to say words but nothing came out.

"Look, I thought coming out with you would be fun, but this is just stupid," Clay chuckled, making me look at him.

"But-"

"No Carl, it's fucking stupid that I came down here for you and we can't even talk while your brother and his boyfriend are practically fucking in the middle of the club," Clay hissed before standing up and beginning to walks away.

Every ounce of my body, begging me to get up and run after him to kiss him or to tell him that I like him. My feet ran down after him, he was wandering through the people grinding on one another before I grabbed his arm.

Clay, instantly, turned around and looked at me with relief. I pulled Clay closer, placing my hands on his waist. He looked at me confused when I did.

"Carl what-" before he could finish, I pressed my lips against his. He stood there shocked before he brought his hands to either side of my face, kissing me back.

In that moment, I knew I felt every sort of sparks flying every which way.

In that moment, I knew I was gay.