20 - reuniting and the end.

N O  O N E 

A week before Clay's funeral, Carl Gallagher was rushed into hospital after having a hard time breathing. He couldn't feel anything, he just felt numb, even after the doctors tried everything. 

In the waiting room, Lip was pacing around, trying not to burst into tears. Fiona was wondering what she did wrong for not helping Carl in his time of need. Ian was preparing for the worst, knowing that Carl could easily die of a broken heart. Mickey was trying to calm a crying Debbie, while Liam was holding Franny in his arms. 

Surrounding them was V and Kev, who were trying their best to help all of them, but nothing would help. 

Around 10 pm that night, after a seven hour surgery on Carl, the doctor walked out to the Gallagher family. Instantly they all surrounded the doctor, who had a sad expression. 

"I'm sorry, but Carl Gallagher passed away at the time of 9:53 pm," with those words, every one of the Gallaghers broke down. V and Kev were staring at the doctor, wondering if it was some twisted joke, but it wasn't. 

"H-How did he die?" Mickey asked the doctor, making Fiona look at the man with blood splatters on his shirt. 

"He died of a broken heart. It is possible, but very rarely, something like this only happens when the person, like Carl, loves someone so much that he cannot function without them. Just being separate for a day will cause withdrawal symptoms, but the good thing is that Carl is with his lover again, and this time it will be forever." Ian knew, he knew that Carl loved Clay but he never knew how much until now. 

A week later, the Gallagher's and Clay's family gathered around a hole in the ground, looking at the two coffins beside one another. Surrounding the new graves, white and pink flowers were trailing down either side, meeting in the middle. A soft song was playing as Liam threw two single red roses in on the coffins. 

Two single roses representing both of their lives, and how they were separate but are now reunited in the afterlife. 

Fiona stared at the headstone, her heart breaking a little more looking at her brothers name. She could not believe it. But she knew that Clay was waiting for Carl, waiting for him to come and they would life forever together. Ian put his hands on Fiona's and Clay's moms shoulders.  

"At least they are together again." The was the only comforting thing about their deaths. They were together. 

Meanwhile, Carl's eyes scanned a field full of flowers and a tree. An feeling told him to run to the tree, so thats what he did. A smile washed over his face when he seen Clay on the other side of the tree, with a sketch pad, and a pencil in his hand sketching Carl's face. Instead of talking, Carl sat beside him and took the pad. 

"Would you like the real thing instead?" Carl smiled as he looked at Clay, who was now crying. 

"You're here," He whispered, breaking down into tears before pulling Carl into a hug. 

"I love you so much, I am never going to leave you again." Clay whispered the words into Carl's ear, making his smile grow larger. 

"I love you, and I will never leave you. I can't leave you anymore," he solemnly swore his love to Clay. The two were separate, two different people for two weeks, but now, they were one again. This time, they knew that they would not fight. Their love overpowered their need for arguments. 

They were finally whole again.

-

OBVIOUSLY THEY REUNITED BECAUSE I AM NOT A TERRIBLE PERSON, BUT THANK YOU FOR COMING ON THIS JOURNEY OF MESSED UP CHAPTERS AND CONSTANT WRITERS BLOCK. I WILL ADMIT THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE STORIES SO THANK YOU FOR READING IT AND VOTING BUT THIS BOOK HAS COME TO AN END. 

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED AND LOVED CLAY AND CARL AS MUCH AS I DO!

- b x