8 - if anything, it made me like you even more

Carl's POV

"Hey Fi?" I asked as I walked into the kitchen, where Fiona, Veronica and Lip were sitting down. Fiona looked over at me and nodded.

"Is it okay if Clay comes by today?" I asked and she looked at me with a smirk. V and Lip looked at me weirdly once they seen Fiona's wicked smirk.

"We have to finish our biology project," I rolled my eyes at her while I grabbed a beer from the fridge.

"Sure, I don't care," she shrugged. "But stay above the covers," she added making me look at her.

"Fiona, we only made out a few times, I'm not gonna have sex with him," I told her while I began to walk up the step in the kitchen which lead upstairs.

"Yet," I added with a smirk before running upstairs. Ian and Mickey were sitting on Ian's bed just laying down not even talking.

"You guys okay?" I asked them as I raised my eyebrow. Usually they'd be fighting then having really rough (and loud) make up sex, or they'd be out over with Mandy, but they were never just silent.

Mickey looked at me, almost begging for help. I looked over at Ian to see that he looked paler than usual.

"Is he okay?" I mouthed to Mickey, who stood up and dragged me out of the room and closed the door but kept his hand on the handle.

"I think he's going manic again," alarm bells went off in my mind as I looked at Mickey.

"Has he been taking his meds?" Mickey nodded.

"All of them?" Again, Mickey nodded.

"Shit," I muttered as I heard the window open. Mickey opened the door quickly to see the window open and Ian missing.

Me and Mickey ran downstairs to see Lip, Fiona, Veronica and Kevin sitting down. Mickey just ran out the door with no explanation. Fiona looked at me worried.

"I think Ian's going manic again," I told them and everyone looked at me questioningly.

"Mickey says he's been taking his meds, but the episodes still happen but not as bad right?" I looked at V and she nodded.

"I'll go after them," Lip sighed and I nodded, Fiona and V looking at Lip.

"Kev," Lip nodded to him. Kev got up, kissed V's head and then followed Lip outside. Fiona and V said that they'd stay here just in case, but they were to call if anything bad actually happened. I grabbed the folded up paper from under the stairs as there was a knock on the door. I opened it and a smile came onto my face when I seen Clay.

"Hey," I softly spoke. Clay smirked and walked into the house, but I pulled him back before he walked into the living room.

I placed my lips onto his, he smiled into the kiss, putting his arms around my neck as mine went around his waist.

"Hello to you too," I smirked once we pulled away. Clay rolled his eyes as I closed the door and followed him into the kitchen.

"Hey Clay," Debbie told him as she pour out a glass of OJ and handed it to V.

"So this is Clay?" V asked as she put her hand on her very pregnant stomach. Clay smiled and held his hand out for her to shake it. Surprisingly, V shook his hand.

"Clay, this is Veronica, she's like a sister to us," I told Clay as Fiona walked out of the toilet.

"Hey Clay," Fiona smiled as she sat beside V. Clay replied with a simple hello and a smile before we went upstairs.

I put the two rolls of paper on the floor and sat cross legged. Clay sat across from me and took his project. He untied it and began working without speaking. I smiled and began working too.

-

An hour later, we had finished and were sitting beside each other, looking at Clay's phone.

I took Clay's hand into mine, I seen him smile in the corner of my eye when he closed his phone and put it back into his pocket. I began to play with his hand, continuously drawing small circles on his knuckles and his thumb.

"What's gonna happen Carl?" I looked up at Clay once he spoke, confused at his question.

"With what?" Clay rolled his eyes but he looked at me after he finished rolling his eyes.

"With what happened with Kade?" I looked at Clay, to see that he was completely and utterly worried about the situation.

"Well," I began as I went back to playing with his hand as he rested his head on my shoulder.

"I'm gonna walk into school tomorrow, but I'll be with you," I whispered. Clay hummed waiting for me to continue.

"And then I'm gonna hold your hand as we walk up to the shit hole, and it anyone wants to say something, they can go fuck themselves," Clay looked up at me, with a small smile.

"Okay," he whispered bringing his lips up to mine. I kissed him back, lifting Clay up onto my lap. He gasps as I cupped his ass, I smirked but continued the kiss until Debbie bursted through the door.

"Deb-"

"No fucking time for this now Carl," Clay got off my lap and I stood up. She looked worried as shit as she held onto Franny tightly.

"What happened? Is it Ian?" I asked worriedly as Clay stood behind me, confused.

"He's in hospital," Debbie told me and I looked at her.

"Like in Crook or just in an actual hospital?" I asked and she looked at me as if there wasn't any difference because in the end, he might end up in a psychiatric ward.

"An actual hospital," she told me. "He for hit by a fucking bus," she said walking out. I grabbed Clay's hand dragging him along.

-

When me, Debbie, Franny and Clay arrived in the hospital, Fiona was more than happy to see that we were safe. I hugged Fiona as Clay stood there confused of what's happening.

"How bad of a break was it?" I asked Lip and Fiona. They looked at each other then back at me and Debbie.

"It was pretty bad," I shook my head as I looked at the ground.

"I'm gonna go get coffee," I told them, Fiona nodded as Clay followed me.

"Carl? Are you okay?" I turned around to see a worried Clay.

"I know I never told you this, but now is the time to tell you," I took Clay's hands into mine and looked him in the eye.

"My mom, she's bipolar," clay looked at me confused. "She has manic depression," he nodded now understanding.

"And my brother, Ian was the one who inherited her gene," Clay looked at me sorrowfully.

"And he does crazy shit sometimes and this is just another time," I told him and he nodded.

"I hope that doesn't make you like me any less," I chuckle looking away from him. Clay caught my chin with his index finger and thumb, making me look back to him.

"If anything, it made me like you even more." He said before his lips were pressed against mine.