Chapter 14

We were lying on the floor, the hypnotized people still standing at the tops of their driveways. I was suddenly glad we'd come to the house at the very end of the street - I ran back down the driveway, towards the church.

'God, enough with the running!' Daisy gasped, before following.

We got to the church, the hypnotised people from the street following behind us. We barely managed to outrun them - the church door was open, so we ran in, and bolted the door with the three gigantic bolts.

Through the stained-glass windows, the crowd of people seemed to snap out of their daze, looking very confused.

'They snapped out of it as soon as we disappeared...' I muttered.

'Now what?' Gasped Daisy, panting. I could do something rather weird - completely forget about being out of breath, or tired, or hungry, whenever I needed to think.

Panting, sleeping and digesting slowed me down.

'We wait.' I said simply.

'What for?' Said Daisy.

'The Dream Lord.'

'Oh, god! why won't this just end?' Daisy moaned. 'Don't you have any idea which one is real and which one is the dream?'

'Yes,' I replied honestly. 'But I want to make sure.'

'Which one do you think is real?'

'Which one do you think is real?' I said, turning away from the window and looking towards Daisy. Everyone had walked away from the Church now.

'This one.'

'Why?'

'Because... Everything is just so... Real!' She finished lamely.

'You'd say the same in the other world.'

'I know.' Said Daisy. 'But, what do we do in the other world? We were attacked by a Dalek! A Dalek ship crash landed! What do we do?'

'Not a clue,' was the last thing I said, before...

'Sleep.'