Chapter 15

The forest still surrounded us, fog clouding our vision. I could just make out the figure of Daisy in front of me.

'This freaking forest...' Daisy muttered.

Okay, now I was sure I knew which world was fake.

Well, about 88% sure.

But, it was the best we had to go on.

But, I didn't have much time to tell Daisy this, as we could hear heavy footsteps coming up from behind us.

And, we were greeted by three human people.

One was a woman with brown, mousy hair that shielded either side of her face. The other two were males with sleeked-back black hair. They all had cold, dead eyes, and rather broad frames to their bodies.

They stank.

'Slitheen.' Daisy whispered quietly so that they couldn't hear, a few moments after I had realised what they were.

'I know.' I whispered back.

'Well, hello there.' Said the woman-Slitheen.

'Hi.' I said.

'God, it's ever so stuffy in here, isn't it, boys?' She said, still facing me and Daisy, and speaking to us.

'Yeah, I just need to...' The male standing to her right reached up, and pulled the skin away to reveal his green skin and huge black eyes.

'Run!' Daisy shrieked, and bolted in the other direction.

'Wait!' I shouted, running after my friend.

We kept running until we had escaped the Slitheen - well, Daisy was running away. I was chasing after her.

'Okay, where the hell are we?' She gasped, looking around.

The forest looked exactly the same here as it had everywhere else.

And now, I was about 92% sure that I knew which one was reality.

'Daisy, I think I know which one's real.'

'Which one?'

I opened my mouth to speak, but then, the Dream Lord's voice rang in a whisper so that only we could hear.

'Sleep.'