Chapter 23

The screen cracked slightly as my foot collided with it, cobwebs escaping from the corner. Daisy shrugged, and started kicking the other corner.

'How will this help?' She said as she kicked. The cracks had Metin the middle of the screen, now, and the images of footage had disappeared.

'The stimulation is run by computer.' I said simply.

Daisy gave me a look to say, and?

'We never found out where the computers were,' her facial expression didn't change, so I continued. 'What if they were actually inside the room?'

'Oh!' Her face transformed into a look of realisation. The screen was now completely cracked, and black.

I rammed my fist into one of the smaller cracks, and then started pulling glass away. Quickly, I had created a hole big enough to slide my hand inside.

'What're you doing now?' Said Daisy, but I didn't need to answer.

My hand gripped a cluster of thin wires, and I pulled on them, hard. Green, blue and red strips of plastic wrapped around wire were forced out of the hole, along with my fist.

The ceiling pixelated, and the squares disintegrated towards the sides. The computer stayed put, still broken, but everything else disappeared.

We were left standing in an empty room.

It wasn't just an empty room - it was a huge, empty planet.

The whole of the stimulation - the whole village - had disappeared from around us, leaving us inside a room that now seemed too empty.